Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2023 1:52:10 PM EDT
Can anyone measure the firing pin for me? I think yge one Im looking at may have snapped and shaped itself back round to where I cant tell if its correct. It was installed upside down at the factory . UC9 model A if that helps. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Apex Gun Parts lists the length of the UC-9 firing pin at 2.75" however I have heard of UC-9 firing pins sometimes being too long and puncturing primers. In any case, I'd take the bolt and striker assembly out of the gun and see how far the firing pin protrudes from the bolt face to visually check if there is an issue.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I measured the one for a Vector and it is 2.75".

The firing pin should protrude .045 from the bolt face.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both . Any idea what side is supposed to be flat  where it pins ? I have seen it pictured both ways Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe Vector Arms is back in business- sort of.  One of the original owners apparently bought out the remaining inventory, whole thing sounded like a shitshow…..  Anyhow, I have been seeing him post up various parts on Gunbroker, can’t recall his user name there, but if you search for Vector UZI parts I bet you can find him.  Know there have been some semi auto firing pin parts available.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#5]
It will depend on the direction the roll pin hole was drilled. It shouldn't matter.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you gentlemen. I have been trying to figure out why the firing pin rear has a flat milled surface on half of it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:55:06 AM EDT
[#7]
It's to clear the firing pin safety block. It was a feature on the IMI model B carbine. Here is a screenshot from Uzitalk explaining the feature. I think Century converted full auto bolts to semi and am not sure if this feature was on them.
" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top