Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

3 lug micro with Omega 9k

Just need a Pro to install it in.  
View Quote
I have a PRO...from my source with IWI...we won't be seeing many, if any more PROs stateside...grab them while you can boys and girls...
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Who has the best price on a pro with folding stock?
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Gun prime usually does if there are any listed..$998.00 is the cheapest I've seen it...$25 shipping...

My dealer couldn't come that close to that price...
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Who has the best price on a pro with folding stock?
View Quote
There about 20 for sale right now on Gun Broker.  Price ranges from $1,100 to $1,300
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have a PRO...from my source with IWI...we won't be seeing many, if any more PROs stateside...grab them while you can boys and girls...
View Quote
Gunprime order just came in today, (thanks again for the lead), it's a folder.

Pretty excited to bring it home once the sheriff says its okay.....

Kinda funny, we had to Google how to close the damn folder, now we know the "uzi slap."
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a NIB PRO today. It's the standard model without the folding brace. My LGS had it in the back for the past 3 years. I didn't get the best deal but it was local and I didn't have to hunt for it. Gave $1k OTD. Is anyone sourcing the folding adapter and brace with the tailhook? I don't want to have to buy the factory one with that gawdy rubber piece then just to turn around and spend almost as much money again on a tailhook
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Even if you purchase a folding brace, you will still need the folding mechanism that attached to the rear of the pistol. Locating that part will be your biggest hurdle.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#8]
All I've seen is the complete assembly, like you said, would have to ditch the brace and still purchase the tailhook.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/SB-TACTICAL-UZI-PRO-PSB-PISTOL-BRACE-165p4415.htm
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I picked up a NIB PRO today. It's the standard model without the folding brace. My LGS had it in the back for the past 3 years. I didn't get the best deal but it was local and I didn't have to hunt for it. Gave $1k OTD. Is anyone sourcing the folding adapter and brace with the tailhook? I don't want to have to buy the factory one with that gawdy rubber piece then just to turn around and spend almost as much money again on a tailhook
View Quote
https://iwi.us/product/uzi-pro-stabilizing-brace/ there is the complete kit ... unfortunately ... that is your only option.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Even if you purchase a folding brace, you will still need the folding mechanism that attached to the rear of the pistol. Locating that part will be your biggest hurdle.
View Quote
Every folding brace for the UZI Pro that I have seen already comes with folding mechanism.  You attach the brace/hinge with two roll pins, then remove the actual brace from the hinge and attach the wire stock.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have issues with failure to feed, failure to extract? I can't get this thing to run a magazine without 3-4 issues. Very annoying and disappointed. Brass ammo.

Any suggestion?

Link Posted: 12/15/2019 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Odd...the UZI has a very generous feedramp....what exactly is the gun doing when this happens...
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anyone have issues with failure to feed, failure to extract? I can't get this thing to run a magazine without 3-4 issues. Very annoying and disappointed. Brass ammo.

Any suggestion?

https://i.imgur.com/xXDEG2X.jpg
View Quote
What range ammo is that? Try NATO 124gr and see if the problems go away
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry to hear of your Uzi problems,  purchased mine new since 2016....I never had an issue whatsoever.  But more detail on what ammo and how were you shooting it....supported, unsupported etc...
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Any way to make the trigger nicer? I am not familiar with Uzis
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:23:39 AM EDT
[#16]
What is wrong with the trigger...sure its a bit heavy...but mine is butter smooth.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Finally got a set up on there I like. I hated the original brace setup could not use it while the brace was closed now it’s perfect.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Finally got a set up on there I like. I hated the original brace setup could not use it while the brace was closed now it’s perfect.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/326861/874C25C8-F010-455F-BC08-434CBB19376B_jpeg-1223777.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/326861/16B3FA92-8B83-4AFD-8FFC-A4D8E0DB6A01_jpeg-1223780.JPG
View Quote
Nice!  Did you do that yourself?

I hate the setup too, if they had just lengthened it maybe 1.5" it would clear trigger while folded.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I hate the setup too, if they had just lengthened it maybe 1.5" it would clear trigger while folded.
View Quote
No I wish I had those skills I have a buddy who’s a machinist cut the end off pin the adapter for the tailhook and presto one useable Uzi pro. It boggles my mind IWI did it like they did like you said an inch or 2 and completely changes the gun to something useable now , the tailhook when folded is nice because it makes a good support for your left hand when folded so just a win all the way around.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No I wish I had those skills I have a buddy who’s a machinist cut the end off pin the adapter for the tailhook and presto one useable Uzi pro. It boggles my mind IWI did it like they did like you said an inch or 2 and completely changes the gun to something useable now , the tailhook when folded is nice because it makes a good support for your left hand when folded so just a win all the way around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice indeed, but is it LOP friendly..??
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite sure the question? But here is the measurement? Let me know if something else looking at.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not quite sure the question? But here is the measurement? Let me know if something else looking at.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/326861/7683C1D2-3A1B-491D-B6C3-C5FA0F691740_jpeg-1224021.JPG
View Quote
Looks like it is longer than the BATF "Brace LOP friendly" zone... I think they "suggest" a LOP for a brace that is less than 13.5", IIRC?  LOP is the distance from the face of the trigger to the end of the buttstock, and the example in the pics looks like the LOP is somewhere around 14.5".

I know, I know, no actual law saying that "<13.5" is the magic number, and since it isn't spelled out in a "law", I guess it is up to BATF's interpretation and whether or not a person wants to comply with their stated/suggested LOP limit.

All that said, I do love your setup, and have been trying to find a way to do that exact thing on my Pro.  (I am not a machinist, and sadly don't have one as a friend either!)  When I do it myself, I'll probably chop another inch off the "brace support rod" to keep the LOP in the 'brace friendly' range.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like it is longer than the BATF "Brace LOP friendly" zone... I think they "suggest" a LOP for a brace that is less than 13.5", IIRC?  LOP is the distance from the face of the trigger to the end of the buttstock, and the example in the pics looks like the LOP is somewhere around 14.5".

I know, I know, no actual law saying that "<13.5" is the magic number, and since it isn't spelled out in a "law", I guess it is up to BATF's interpretation and whether or not a person wants to comply with their stated/suggested LOP limit.

All that said, I do love your setup, and have been trying to find a way to do that exact thing on my Pro.  (I am not a machinist, and sadly don't have one as a friend either!)  When I do it myself, I'll probably chop another inch off the "brace support rod" to keep the LOP in the 'brace friendly' range

Or you can just SBR it and be done with it providing you live in a “Free State.  Did that to mine and don’t regret the expense one bit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

All that said, I do love your setup, and have been trying to find a way to do that exact thing on my Pro.  (I am not a machinist, and sadly don't have one as a friend either!)  When I do it myself, I'll probably chop another inch off the "brace support rod" to keep the LOP in the 'brace friendly' range Or you can just SBR it and be done with it providing you live in a “Free State.  Did that to mine and don’t regret the expense one bit.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/E3DD5CB7-E877-4B5F-98FC-23BF16D596A6_jpeg-1226107.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49370/9E94AA40-6DD2-417C-824D-EEE3CE32EDE6_jpeg-1226097.JPG
View Quote
Hello I love the look of your UZI Pro I had no idea there was grey area with the brace. It might be prudent then to take another inch off the top so to speak. I measured my other pistols and they are over as well. I looked all around but didn’t find anything except some posts from people saying KAK had gotten an agents opinion about stuff. Has LOP ever been an issue in the real world? That anyone knows? All those AR’s with sba3 brace and folding latches are going to be well over too aren’t they? So there is no official law saying it has to be under a certain length correct.

I looked at sbr in couple years I will be traveling a lot with my wife for her job and I didn’t want to worry about paperwork as we went to different locations. Thanks again for your guys help. Love your setup.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 1:23:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hello I love the look of your UZI Pro I had no idea there was grey area with the brace. It might be prudent then to take another inch off the top so to speak. I measured my other pistols and they are over as well. I looked all around but didn’t find anything except some posts from people saying KAK had gotten an agents opinion about stuff. Has LOP ever been an issue in the real world? That anyone knows? All those AR’s with sba3 brace and folding latches are going to be well over too aren’t they? So there is no official law saying it has to be under a certain length correct.

I looked at sbr in couple years I will be traveling a lot with my wife for her job and I didn’t want to worry about paperwork as we went to different locations. Thanks again for your guys help. Love your setup.
View Quote
That is the problem -- the measurement is supposedly what the BATF says to stay 'safe'.  From someone else’s post:
"When KAK contacted the ATF about their blade, they were told a LOP of a pistol brace of 13.5" or more would be illegal as it would mean you set the brace up to use as a stock and not a brace. They said they had a letter, but they never posted it as far as I know."

So, again, no concrete ruling we can point to.  Just a 13.5" limit that, supposedly, brace and weapons manufacturers were told not to exceed.

EDIT TO ADD: There was indeed at least 1 court case where an owner of a modified brace was charged with being over the 13.5" limit, but the BATF lost that particular case, due to measurement practices, etc etc.  Not sure that I would set myself up  to be test case #2, just to have a 1" longer brace, but everyone makes their own choices.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That is the problem -- the measurement is supposedly what the BATF says to stay 'safe'.  From another post:
"When KAK contacted the ATF about their blade, they were told a LOP of a pistol brace of 13.5" or more would be illegal as it would mean you set the brace up to use as a stock and not a brace. They said they had a letter, but they never posted it as far as I know."

So, again, no concrete ruling we can point to.  Just a 13.5" limit that, supposedly, brace and weapons manufacturers were told not to exceed.
View Quote
Interesting I appreciate the info learn something new every day
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:18:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Any suggestion?

https://i.imgur.com/xXDEG2X.jpg
View Quote
Did you get this problem resolved?
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#28]

My Pro delivered yesterday. Just a teaser pic. More info tonight.. :)
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Pretty nice, you gonna put those threads to work?
View Quote
Yeppers. I’m GTG now, although I’ll eventually switch it out for a 3 lug which will make me shop for another can. The shit never ends!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#32]
I just ordered a Pro from CDNN yesterday. Can’t wait till it gets here. Also nabbed a threaded/3 lug bbl over on Akfiles for it.

Uzi does it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just ordered a Pro from CDNN yesterday. Can’t wait till it gets here. Also nabbed a threaded/3 lug bbl over on Akfiles for it.

Uzi does it.
View Quote
Congrats! Please post a few pics of yours when you receive it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Uzi does it.
View Quote
@coltshorty14
What was CDNN's price?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:41:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@coltshorty14
What was CDNN's price?
View Quote
$999
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
$999
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@coltshorty14
What was CDNN's price?
$999
Great price if it comes with the brace.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Great price if it comes with the brace.
View Quote
Yes, that was one with the brace.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes, that was one with the brace.
View Quote
They must have sold out.  I don't see them on there anymore.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Peeps, what's a good source for mags?  Looking for a few 32s.

Grazie.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Peeps, what's a good source for mags?  Looking for a few 32s.

Grazie.
View Quote
Had to go get my order in before you guys cleaned them out.  

They were out of stock last I check, but in as of tonight.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/IWI-UZI-PRO-9MM-32RD-MAGAZINE-NEW-UZI-PRO-163p4354.htm
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I didn't like how the brace adapter on the folding mechanism looked (exposed) so I made a cover out of kydex that just clips on.  I think it looks better with the cover on and it improves the aesthetic flow of the Brace.

I also modified the V/IR laser cable switch by cutting off the rubber ears. I finished the surface smooth using a dremel and then attached the switch on the frame with a small piece of velcro.  It looks cleaner now and the little sucker stays on good!

I'm off to the range, tomorrow.

Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:47:00 AM EDT
[#43]

Product placement failure.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I love how shes supposedly just coming up from a dive, but doesnt have anything wet but her feet LOL
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I love how shes supposedly just coming up from a dive, but doesnt have anything wet but her feet LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Floatation devices did their job!
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Very nice. I dig the Can!
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#48]
How are these UZI PRO's when it comes to feeding hollow points?
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Sa-Weet..!
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top