Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2020 10:31:58 PM EDT
I'm using a Norotos Rhino 2 on a skateboard (or bike, can't remember) helmet with a MICH shroud and ratchet strap.

My issue, is that even when adjusted as far forward as possible, the PVS-14 is resting on my glasses.  This is after making adjustments so that I can see clearly through the eyepiece.

Has anyone else run into this?  How did you remedy?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I had to spend money to do it. Wasn't easy, either, because drawings of all the mounts and other fixtures are unavailable.
Mine uses an INVG and  Norotos dual dovetail adapter on an OpsCore bump helmet. Gives me perhaps a quarter inch between the eyepiece and glasses

If I were in your shoes and were going to keep the items you are using now, I would take the shroud off the helmet and add hard plastic spacers between helmet and the shroud to move it outward. That seems like it would be the firmest option and easiest, even if you need another half inch.
Might look goofy, but so what?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Wilcox j arm mount has a long and a short, the short arm is pricy but will move the pvs14 forward 1/2 inch.

A spacer  to move the whole mount forward will be a solution. 3D printed out of nylon or abs.

The invg mount and the Wilcox short j arm give over 1 inch extension. Very pricy but top quality.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the G22e and the G24 with Ops Core bump and ballistic helmets and have plenty of clearance. They aren't cheap but that is one solution
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel like a moron.  I have a 3D printer, and didn't even look for a solution that's already designed.  This worked great to bring the NVG about 3/8" from my glasses.  With this part as a starting point, it's easy to add spacers as needed.

NVG Helmet Adapter
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Or just ditch the glasses.   I wear glasses, or should say, NEED glasses, but in the case of my 14, I take the glasses off and let the 14 be my glasses.   My other eye really cant see squat do to being dark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top