Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2019 12:44:40 AM EDT
Curious question.  I know that using a booster in a Glock is necessary because the barrel tilts but do you need to use a booster with a 22lr conversion kit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:47:56 AM EDT
[#1]
no.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#2]
A recoil booster, a decoupler, is necessary for recoil operated firearms to cycle properly; they momentarily decouple the mass of the suppressor, allowing the barrel to move with the slide mostly uninhibited.

Virtually all .22 LR firearms, rifle or handgun, are straight blowback with fixed barrels.  Ergo, it's not necessary.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I was also wondering about using a can on a .22lr Glock conversion kit and decided against buying the threaded barrel for now. From the Polymer 80 thread.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks, Bud's is also the cheapest I've seen for AA .22lr threaded barrels too.

Many of the posts I've seen about the Advantage Arms .22 conversions say that it runs great on Mini Mags. Has anyone had luck using CCI Standard Velocity though a can with one?
View Quote
I have an AA G17 conversion kit. Had the AA threaded barrel for it, but could not find any ammo that would cycle it suppressed (subsonic to hyper velocity and everything in between). Tried with both a Silencerco Sparrow (pretty heavy for a .22lr can) and a friend's AAC Aviator 2 (much lighter). Fixed barrels are where it's at for quiet 22s.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was also wondering about using a can on a .22lr Glock conversion kit and decided against buying the threaded barrel for now. From the Polymer 80 thread.
View Quote
I have the AA G17 kit for years now and it runs flawlessly with CCI/SV or CCI/MM.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have the AA G17 kit for years now and it runs flawlessly with CCI/SV or CCI/MM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With a can?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

With a can?
View Quote
works flawless with or without can.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Another aa g17 kit runs with and without a can
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have a G19 with an AA .22 kit and a can?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Does AA sell threaded kits?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the positive replies about CCI SV and cans working with AA .22 kits. So far my 19 size kit doesn't like SV but it's probably not broken in yet. Maybe I'll order a threaded barrel and give it a shot if it starts to function well with SV.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
No. I looked everywhere for one before buying the non threaded kit.

Now I suppose someone will post a link to one.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes they have in the past and separate threaded barrels
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
They sell threaded BBLs

http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AASOS&Product_Code=ThreadedBarrelAndAdapter&Category_Code=GKParts
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They sell threaded BBLs

http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AASOS&Product_Code=ThreadedBarrelAndAdapter&Category_Code=GKParts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They sell threaded BBLs

I knew that they sell the threaded barrels separately. As far as I know you can't buy a kit that comes with one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They sell threaded BBLs

View Quote
So close to $450 to get a threaded upper...
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So close to $450 to get a threaded upper...
View Quote
Best price I could find when I bought my kit was eBay. About $270 shipped for the kit. Gen4 compatible kits are about 10 bucks cheaper. Then you still need a threaded barrel.

ETA: The best deals on the barrels are sold out at the moment. They're full price on eBay.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Best price I could find when I bought my kit was eBay. About $270 shipped for the kit. Gen4 compatible kits are about 10 bucks cheaper. Then you still need a threaded barrel.

ETA: The best deals on the barrels are sold out at the moment. They're full price on eBay.
View Quote
Yeah that’s a tough pill to swallow since I have no interest in swapping slides- I’d need a whole new frame too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top