Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2017 7:22:28 PM EDT
First off, thank you for your time and input!  I have almost exclusively been a consumer of this website with very little information to give back that isn't easily found through a quick search, so again THANK YOU!  Alright, I found an ACR that I'm interested in buying.  I need to know if this a great/good/okay/bad deal.  Anything to watch out for and or prepare for, etc.

The ACR is at a pawn shop and is marked made in Ilion, NY (Remington) with the serial number ACR0001XX.  It is black and has an aluminum handguard.  It looks to have been shot little, but has several "handling" marks, scuffs, scratches in the finish down to bare aluminum.  The shop is asking $1400.  Let me know what you think about the price and any details on the gun.  I'll be checking for responses as I research the ACR.  Sorry, I did not grab any pics.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
have you looked on gun broker?
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the enhanced model does it have a folding stock ?
I sold a mint basic model with folder for 1400 last year during the rush.
If it was me I would make an offer  the finish can be fixed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
$1400 for a used gun that has a bunch of scrapes/marks?

Fuck that, they can be had NEW for $1400 to $1500. You can get used, but like-new enhanced ACR's for $1300 flat.

I'd offer not a penny more than $1250 since it's banged up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never seen a civilian ACR that was Remington marked.  I thought all of the civi models were Bushmaster marked and the Remingtons were select fire mil models only.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never seen a civilian ACR that was Remington marked.  I thought all of the civi models were Bushmaster marked and the Remingtons were select fire mil models only.
View Quote
It did not say Remington on it anywhere that I saw, I only mentioned Remington in relation to the place of manufacture that was on the gun, Ilion, NY.

Sorry for the confusion

After doing some research, it is an enhanced ACR with the folding stock, but it still appears to be priced too high.  If new ones are coming down to that price, I'll shoot them a low-ball offer by placing cash in their hands...sometimes that cash is hard to give back
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, it's not Remington it's Bushmaster. Remington has never made a semi auto civilian ACR and their ACR and accessories are not sold commercially. There are only a lucky few people who have managed to get things like the Remington ACR handguard, and when they come up for sale they sell for thousands more than the gun.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
To the OP, another reason to just get a new one is the new barrels and safety selector. They now come with 1/7 twist barrels instead of the odd 1/9, and they have a new design metal safety selector.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Man the whole 1/9 thing again huh.  1/9 1/7 who gives a shit.  Yes 1/7 can handle the heavier bullets, but most shooters are not plinking with 77 grain Nosler ballistic tip ammo.  Most all buy cheap 55 grain ammo.  1/9 handles a wide range of ammo.  So OP dont get wrapped around the axles with the whole 1/9 1/7 shit.

Nexus Tactical makes an updated safety and lots of other stuff for the ACR.  RPM precision makes billet aluminium handguards.  

If you can get the rifle for around 1100-1300, I would pull the trigger and pick it up.  I have had mine since the ACR first came out.  Over 10k rounds through it with only minor wear issues.  Heck I just put over 4k rounds through it in three days.  Only one FTF and I would relate the failure to fire to ammo issue.

Good luck with you purchase and keep us posted.    

Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Remington released 12 or so semi acrs.  They are stupid rare.  

That being said 1400 is good for a used one if it's not beat up too badly.

And as far as 1/9 vs 1/7, every factory Acr I've tested with 75gr match ammo loved it regardless of twist.  Personally as far as factory 16" barrels go, I wouldn't have an issue with either.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Guys, thank you for the info, I haven't had a chance to get back by the shop that had it for sale.  I should be able to go next week.  I'll let you know if we make a deal!  Enjoy the weekend and happy Father's Day to all the dad's!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
A guy on this site has one. Look in the ACR pic thread.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#12]
There's a few.  They are ultra rare and cost around 4-5k if you find one (out of the 10)   Mine was a bushmaster Acr but has all the Remington upgrades, I had it engraved with the Remington logo to make it complete.  It does have a real Remington handguard on it and a Remington polymer lower (full auto marked).   My upgrades actually made my rifle lighter than the real deal V2 Acr's by a good chunk.

There is a legit Remington V2 Acr on the pic thread.  I made the barrel for it completely custom to his specs.  One of my favorite builds I've ever done.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Remington released 12 or so semi acrs.  They are stupid rare.  

That being said 1400 is good for a used one if it's not beat up too badly.

And as far as 1/9 vs 1/7, every factory Acr I've tested with 75gr match ammo loved it regardless of twist.  Personally as far as factory 16" barrels go, I wouldn't have an issue with either.
View Quote
I have a Remington ACR, and you are correct, stupid rare.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:22:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have a Remington ACR, and you are correct, stupid rare.
View Quote
interesting, that makes 2 of us
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I just picked up a new coyote enhanced ACR doe 1350...

The deals are out there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top