Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2018 1:41:41 PM EDT
We're getting ready to build a house and I wanted a decent gun safe (I know, I know, an "RSC") to put inside a concrete room. I originally was going to put a cheap Cannon from Tractor Supply inside it, given that it will be inside a secure fireproof room already, but decided instead to buy something a little more stout, so that's why I put money down on the Master 40. Well, after thinking about it even more, I chose to upgrade again and am going with an Untouchable 45. Some might call it overkill due to it being inside a concrete vault, but I figured I only wanted to do this once and hopefully it will be an heirloom for whichever kid winds up with the house someday.

From what I understand, this is a "B" rated safe and it's the best available from Superior.

Hopefully I can stop overthinking it now and just roll with it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
A question out of curiosity,  if you are building a concrete vault any way why not just order a bolt on door and frame and make the whole thing a vault?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A question out of curiosity,  if you are building a concrete vault any way why not just order a bolt on door and frame and make the whole thing a vault?
View Quote
THIS
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's exactly what I'm doing.

Like I said, some may think it's overkill.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I always thought if I were to build a vault it would be lined with guns on display with a cigar humidor, a couple leather chairs and a bar stocked with cognac.  I cant see stuffing the guns in another safe where they are hidden away.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I always thought if I were to build a vault it would be lined with guns on display with a cigar humidor, a couple leather chairs and a bar stocked with cognac.  I cant see stuffing the guns in another safe where they are hidden away.
View Quote
The safe will be mostly for things other than guns.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The safe will be mostly for things other than guns.
View Quote
That's cool, I hope my jealousy didnt show through too much.

It would be cool to have a vault. A separate safe for the cocaine and bearer bonds that no one is missing yet would be really cool.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it will be worth it and I will do the same when I can.
Just think some bastard could work on your vault door for hrs, burn up a bunch of tools then...

Martha faucker, another safe !!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 3:16:57 AM EDT
[#8]
What's the consensus on the Untouchable? Considering it's a "B" rated safe, that makes it a legitimate safe and a tough hombre to defeat, right? How would it compare to an Amsec BF II?
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#9]
No thoughts on the Untouchable?
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Never seen a untouchable in person but sounds like a decent safe,I went with a Amsec tl 30x6 the biggest one they make. It sits in my office at work and is solidly bolted to the floor. It my friend is one bad hombre.

Pete
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Never seen a untouchable in person but sounds like a decent safe,I went with a Amsec tl 30x6 the biggest one they make. It sits in my office at work and is solidly bolted to the floor. It my friend is one bad hombre.

Pete
View Quote
Must be on a concrete slab, because I can't imagine any wooden floor holding that thing up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top