Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2020 12:18:23 PM EDT
I have not received the email with the cover letter attachment or even stating its in process....Its only been an hour but usually it is instant as long as your form is not in research, correct?

Form 1 efile shows Submitted/ In process

Has a permit and ID number.

email on file is correct.

I have notification email of payment.

Checked for email on computer (not phone) including junk mail.

ETA. Asked the expert...no response yet. Not that I was expediting any  

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#1]
subbed and in for answers.

I submitted a form 1 through SS in april. Got denied and refunded. Ok cool I get that.

Logged into my NFA account and refiled on my own. They take money, wait wait wait, never get a finger print request. Told since SS account was involved the thing is cancelled. Now I have to fight for that refund.

So yesterday I make my own account, set up my info, file. Same as @op. I got receipt that I paid, no follow up now 24 hours later.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Just to cover the bases.

When you submit the form, after you pay, it has you reenter your password to do the final submission. I've always gotten the email immediately but I know others haven't.

But I will say the ask the experts has always been helpful to me.  Just takes a couple days sometimes. Usually next business day
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After you paid, you did go back and hit Submit and re-enter your password, right?
View Quote
Yep,

The Form shows up in the SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS and I can view the PDF Form1 with "SUBMITTED" water marked across it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Same thing happened to me. Yesterday filed. Got a receipt for payment, form 1 says submitted. The draft form you can download from the site also says submitted on it. The status says in progress.

I called a couple phone numbers, but they said they don't have access to the e-file system.

I sent an email to the ask the experts, and they replied that it can take a couple weeks if my submission is in research. They did not actually answer my question, they just simply copied and pasted a canned response.

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
What item did you Form 1? I've noticed on suppressors that if I choose an existing name/caliber combo I get instant cover letter, but if I create a new name for the can (or add a caliber to existing name) the cover letter can take a couple days.

Could be something like that going on.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What item did you Form 1? I've noticed on suppressors that if I choose an existing name/caliber combo I get instant cover letter, but if I create a new name for the can (or add a caliber to existing name) the cover letter can take a couple days.

Could be something like that going on.
View Quote

Not my thread but same problem.

I picked from the list. Went directly to "Submitted/In Progress" status.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Still nothing back from ask the experts

i was pretty clear what happened, so I got no canned response.  

What now? Just wait and if ten days passes get rejected for no finger prints and then resubmit...

I do have all the info that is on the cover letter. Make my own and send it in and see

So annoying
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#10]
If I don't hear back by Thursday, I'm going to make my own cover letter and overnight it.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Just to update. I never received a email with the cover letter.

I did find it under "Electronic Documents" when you view the submitted form.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#12]
So I'm the one that submitted the same day you did and had the same problem.

I ended up making my own cover form and sending in my fingerprints, and my stamp was approved today.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I ended up making my own cover form and sending in my fingerprints, and my stamp was approved today.
View Quote
Approved all ready with a DIY cover letter...NICE!

Did you get an email stating it was approved?

I also made a cover letter, with proper bar code and font, found the online version after

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I also made a cover letter, with proper bar code and font, found the online version after

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fifteen days is definitely the fastest I've had anything from the ATF. They sent that stamp back faster than they send out fingerprint cards.

I did get the approval e-mail, so that worked fine.

I also ended up having to make my own CLEO copy to send in, by the way, since that is also supposed to come with the first submitted e-mail. It has some info redacted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top