Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2018 3:15:56 PM EDT
FYI, Botach has these on sale for $299 - rails, NVG mount and all.  Seems like a pretty good deal for something with these features.

https://www.botach.com/united-shield-spec-ops-delta-ballistic-helmets/
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
That does look like a smoking deal.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered one..we shall see
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
That hurt the wallet lol
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#5]
2.7 lbs is pretty good weight isn’t it?
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#6]
June 5 review by Mike H. reads:

A quality, UK mfg helmet for Chinese prices right now as the company blows out the older design following it’s purchase by Point Blank. Take advantage while you can. Team Wendy Epic Air pads are tops. Could use a cammed adjustment in the harness, but once it’s set up, you’re GTG. These won’t last long at this price.
View Quote
How does it compare to the newer Point Blank offerings in quality and price? Or are they not available yet?
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
edited double
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s a mid cut vs high cut for 299.99.  If you wear ear pro connected to the rails , the high cut is the way to go.  It will not work with mid cut.   The BOA IS GREAT ! IT can be bought separately and installed for much less
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I want one, but this will be my first helmet (ballistic or otherwise).  Seems like a great deal, but I really don't know enough about ballistic helmets to be sure.  I'd like to eventually integrate ear pro on it, but I see a post saying that's not possible with this cut?  Just eyeballing it, looks like there's room for muffs to me....  Are there high cut options anywhere near this price, or is this deal too good to pass up and just deal with using ear plugs if necessary?

I also don't know how to size helmets.  Where do you measure, and are you supposed to add any to measured head size?

Finally, not sure if I want tan or OD green...
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I want one, but this will be my first helmet (ballistic or otherwise).  Seems like a great deal, but I really don't know enough about ballistic helmets to be sure.  I'd like to eventually integrate ear pro on it, but I see a post saying that's not possible with this cut?  Just eyeballing it, looks like there's room for muffs to me....  Are there high cut options anywhere near this price, or is this deal too good to pass up and just deal with using ear plugs if necessary?

I also don't know how to size helmets.  Where do you measure, and are you supposed to add any to measured head size?

Finally, not sure if I want tan or OD green...
View Quote
The one linked in the OP is a high-cut helmet and will be suitable for helmet mounting earpro. It's the mid-cut model mentioned in the post above yours that won't work with helmet mounted earpro.

As for sizing you typically measure head circumference. If you're on the cusp of being the next size up, get the next size up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I gave in and got one in tan x-large and this is my first order with the Bo now I need to see what nessarys I need with it.

Thank you OP I am in the dog house tonight but it’s well worth it lol
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#12]
You're welcome!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#13]
BTW, what options are out there for ear pro/com headsets?  Preferrably something reasonably affordable.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It’s a mid cut vs high cut for 299.99.  If you wear ear pro connected to the rails , the high cut is the way to go.  It will not work with mid cut.   The BOA IS GREAT ! IT can be bought separately and installed for much less
View Quote
Mid cut will work with 3M ARM rail mounts and Peltors. It just wont allow you to pop em off and swing away, but it physically works to replace the headband.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#15]
These are on sale because they are switching to their own BOA strap system because there strap system sucks. You can buy a Team Wendy BOA strap system for $105-110 and save money vs buying their TW preinstalled for $200 extra.

All these helmets are on their last legs IMO as pure aramid helmets are about to be superseded by hemlets that incorporate UHMWPE and weight less but cost more. It is a good time to buy a decent ballistic helmet for cheap.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
BTW, what options are out there for ear pro/com headsets?  Preferrably something reasonably affordable.
View Quote
Having both Peltor and Sordin, the 3M Peltor adaptors are the way to go. If you dont need super environmental resistance, the Peltor Tactical 100 or 300 have the propper physical connection to work with the 3M ARC rail adapters. If you need the environmental resistance, the Peltor COMTAC III, non boom mic. Then put a waterproof hand mic on your radio and run a 3.5mm to the headset. That way you get discrete comms, but also stay affordable.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like the Gen 2 is a lot lighter with a different suspension/adjustment system. http://us.unitedshield.com/index.php/portfolio-item/specopsdeltagenii/

This still looks like a good deal though, so I ordered one!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Having both Peltor and Sordin, the 3M Peltor adaptors are the way to go. If you dont need super environmental resistance, the Peltor Tactical 100 or 300 have the propper physical connection to work with the 3M ARC rail adapters. If you need the environmental resistance, the Peltor COMTAC III, non boom mic. Then put a waterproof hand mic on your radio and run a 3.5mm to the headset. That way you get discrete comms, but also stay affordable.
View Quote
That is a good option and if you can do it get the gel comfort ear pads. Makes a big difference with glasses if you have them on for a bit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I looked through Botach's site and there appears to be a dizzying array of Peltor comtac III options.  I'm not sure what the difference is in any of these.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I looked through Botach's site and there appears to be a dizzying array of Peltor comtac III options.  I'm not sure what the difference is in any of these.
View Quote
Click me. My writeup on the ComTac III Hearing Defender model, found for $250 to $280 at Botach.

All the ComTac III models are the same aside from color and comms options. The Hearing Defender model is the one without any downleads for radios nor does it have a boom mic. The other model variations are going to be the single or dual comm versions.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there a site sponsor who offers accessories and upgrades for these helmets?

I see a few places who offer this part or that part but not a full list.

TNVC is the one place I am going to spend money at but that’s because I am jumping into NV finally...

Thank you everyone for helping us newbs
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I got my Peltor Comtac III, gel seals, 3M adaptors from Botach and Optics Planet. Those and the Team Wendy Cam Fit BOA harness are all you would need with this helmet. I ordered a tan helmet in Large yesterday for a co-worker and there were only 9 left then in that size and color. He ordered the new TW strap system.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#23]
If anyone knows, since web descriptions may not always be accurate or complete, just to confirm, are these helmets only rated for Fragmentation or also higher up to IIIA ? Thanks
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#24]
To my understanding 3A

“Full NIJ Level IIIA coverage including .44 magnum”
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Its IIIA on the product code on the receipt. US-DO-H-IIIA-XL-CF. The last 2 digits are CF and Im pretty sure the photos on Botach are of a Chicom knockoff of the OpsCore VAS shroud, but their new helmets have carbon fiber shrouds from Integrated Components. Will be interesting to see if the CF stands for Carbon Fiber shroud or Chinese Fake shroud, lol.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#26]
edited double
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn you OP.  As much as I'm not a fan of Botach, I had to jump on this.  Looking for a mount for my pending NVG purchase.  Man my wallet is screaming at me right now.

Seriously, thanks for the head's up.  You saved me hundreds.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, I'll be.  Maybe Botach has started listening to all the complaints about their Customer Service/shipping.  Got a shipping notification less than 24 hours after ordering the helmet.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 1:15:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Damn you OP.  As much as I'm not a fan of Botach, I had to jump on this.  Looking for a mount for my pending NVG purchase.  Man my wallet is screaming at me right now.

Seriously, thanks for the head's up.  You saved me hundreds.
View Quote
You're welcome.  Mine shipped Monday and arrives tomorrow.  It wasn't free, but you can hardly buy a stock MICH for that new.  Considering the included features that answer particular needs, I think it's a heck of a deal.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Well mine came in. Its a very mixed feeling.

On the plus side, its very light, but it is so light because while the front to back and side to side measurements are the same as an ACH, the arch for your head volume on top is MUCH flatter. The helmet, due to reduced material, is going to sit about half an inch higher on your head. On the plus side, its got Team Wendy Epic Air pads, on negative, size XL in a L helmet so even less volume for your dome.  Not sure if all their helmets fit like that or if it was a batch with molding error that let the Kevlar sag on the crown, but its otherwise well put together.

The shroud is fake OpsCore VAS, plastic not aluminum. Arc Rails are fake, but well fitted to helmet. Both the rails and shroud are painted to match helmet and rails might be black underneath, not sure. There are aftermarket ARC to 4 slot picatinny rail adapters pre installed on both sides. A color matched Velcro set for helmet was also included, not attached. Looks Airsoft grade but we will see. The chinstrap is junk.  Buckles on both sides of chin strap means there is ALWAYS going to be buckle interference.

Its definantly a competitor to HHV and the likes as it sits. A Revision Viper is more money but better equipped.

Im going to call about the liner size issue and the shape. Will try the 3M Peltor adapters tonight.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#31]
edited double
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lesson in buying right the first time.

4 questions come to mind

1, Is it a legit United Shield Spec-Ops DELTA Ballistic Helmet 100% made in UK? https://youtu.be/FVY_x8ivbPM

2. A fake or a China-mart mix like this https://youtu.be/miDuunWfZEE

3. If we sell this helmet to a mil/le guy for official use, for life support, making the claims in the Botach listing, are they going to be happy or are we going to be in transit from refrigeration to embalming?

4. So the problem becomes, how to get rid of it in good faith and break even without being broken?

Edited to add:

FYI That helmet brand and model is also listed on OpPlanet for more $. If really the same, after seeing it firsthand, the question becomes, what dollar figure is it worth it to you?

I know zero about United Shield, worse case, it could be a front company for a China company and the helmets from China are "finished" just enough to be made in the UK. Perhaps a qualified person who knows the company history can comment how it compares to Safariland Group Delta X etc.
View Quote
United Shield's webpage and contact info.
http://unitedshield.com/ballistic-helmets.html
I received mine today and it appears to match exactly with the photos on the Delta helmet page and the description of features as manufactured.  I don't see any cause for concern unless there is some evidence to say that this is a Chinese product being passed off by the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#33]
edited double
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine arrived today via fedex and a quick look it is complete with extra pads Velcro and a manual. Was in plastic with x-lrg on it because I have a big Mellon and fit simi well with the few minutes I got to mess with it before work.

I concur it’s plastic rails and mount base. Painted tan on mine also.

Will get pics up tomorrow when I get back home if no one else has by then.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I looked at mine and it's the same, plastic/polymer mount base instead of aluminum.  Ops core rails are polymer also, so I'm not sure how the material there compares.  Interestingly, the warranty card accompanying the helmet has a serial number which does not appear to match the serial in the crown of the helmet.  The helmet is generally in excellent shape except for some dinging behind the ears.
Can't say I'm happy about this since the features made it a deal.  It does however match the pic exactly on the United shield website (including the suspension) so Botach probably didn't buy shells and bolt on crap, it came that way.  I looked for info on this helmet's features online and the only pertinent info I found is that the new version has "upgraded carbon fiber rails and mount," implying that this one does not.  As to what the material is and where it's sourced, is the question.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#36]
edited double post
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Did you guys get the correct size pads to match the helmet? I got XL for a Large helmet instead of a M/L size pad. So long as the rails work I'm not bothered,  since all ARC rails are plastic. A swap to a Wilcox shroud is not that big of a deal. The fit needs to be corrected though. We will see what Botach says on Monday and what United Shield says if Botach does not resolve it. That is, unless one of you got a M/L liner in a XL helmet and wants to trade.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 11:54:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Did you guys get the correct size pads to match the helmet? I got XL for a Large helmet instead of a M/L size pad. So long as the rails work I'm not bothered,  since all ARC rails are plastic. A swap to a Wilcox shroud is not that big of a deal. The fit needs to be corrected though. We will see what Botach says on Monday and what United Shield says if Botach does not resolve it. That is, unless one of you got a M/L liner in a XL helmet and wants to trade.
View Quote
I also got XL pads in my large helmet.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#39]
So, for those of you who got one, are you happy with your purchase?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Still prefer my Revision Viper high cut, MSS, stand alone rails,  and a Wilcox shroud for a tiny bit more. Current problem is finding a helmet cover that works. Its a very unusual shape,  the shroud sits lower than an OpsCore, relative to the rails, etc. The pads did not come with the thick version extra pads for good reason (shape and volume). When the TW BOA suspension gets here and First Spear stretch cover, I will update. Its a much smaller, lighter, less hot, lower profile helmet that a high cut ACH, but a Revision has one of the best covers made and fits MY head better.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Got mine today.  Mixed feelings here as well.  Sturdy helmet, plastic rails.  Not real Team Wendy pads I think,  and the chin strap is junk.  Came with Velcro and extra pads.  Anyone know what the extra thin pads are for?

But ultimately, I can't complain at the price I got it for.  Since I'm only going to use this as an NVG mount, I'm satisfied with it.  I've got my gov issued helmet for the real work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Team Wendy?  I guess they are.  They just seem harder and flatter than my other helmet.  Oh well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone ever confirm whether any covers out there fit this helmet?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Can assure you the OpsCore helmet covers do NOT fit. The smaller, thinner pads are your comfort and fit pads. Normally you get a thick and thin set, but the helmet is so low volume you could not fit the thick set and were not included. Swapped out the harness for a TW BOA.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anyone ever confirm whether any covers out there fit this helmet?
View Quote
Curious as well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#46]
After trying many expensive covers, I found a cover that fits and it is was the cheapest. Straight off the slow boat from China, a Onetigris multicam size M on a L helmet. Fit is better than the picture. Cost? $13

Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
After trying many expensive covers, I found a cover that fits and it is was the cheapest. Straight off the slow boat from China, a Onetigris multicam size M on a L helmet. Fit is better than the picture. Cost? $13

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/810Y8Yt5osL._SX679_.jpg
View Quote
Okay, grabbed a couple OneTigris covers off Ebay.  While not a perfect fit, it's not too bad considering the price.  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#48]
I got one of these.  It's my first helmet and I kinda jumped in not knowing anything to take advantage of the deal (which is even cheaper now, go figure).  The fit is... loose.  Even adding most of the extra pads and tightening the straps ALL the way, it's still kinda wobbly.  Is there a go-to, well-accepted "best" set of replacement pads/straps?  Anything else I should know about fitment?  I was almost ready to get an XL instead of a L because I wasn't far from the dividing line, and I kept seeing people say buy a size up if you're close.  I see BOA mentioned a lot here, and 4D mentioned a lot in the NV section.

Other things I'm looking to get are mounted ear pro and maybe IR lights.  I put the included velcro tape on mine, but it doesn't fit super well, and it's awful wavy.  Works for now, but not sure about long-term viability there.  Helmet covers - what are they really for?  Is it mostly to get a camo pattern?  Protect from scratches (not sure I really care about that)?  The shroud is quite wobbly, I'll probably get a wilcox to replace that with, unless anyone knows of any good ways to tighten that up cheaper than buying a new one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Its not uncommon for people to use a smaller harness than the helmet size. The BOA harness is about the best there is. The TW pads are second only to the 4D pads for a padding system, so you should be good there. The helmet in L is too small for me. A fellow officer is using it whose head fit and got a tan TW M/L BOA harness and it is on the verge of too tight. He had to let it out to max length to get it to fit. The helmet cover is for what you stated, camo and preventing scratches. Helmets stored in the trunk or vehicle drawer of an SUV can get beat up pretty fast. The velcro needs to be installed for the helmet cover to fit. It attaches to the velcro on the inside. Since the only cover that fit was the one with the bungie, the cover does not wrap around the edges of the helmet on the sides with the rails bolted on top (its held by velcro on the sides and back) and there is a small amount of slack, you will get some camo puckering in the top and rear from the bungie tension. The front will lay over the shroud a bit unless you bolt your shroud on over the top of your cover, then it will be a little tighter. Your cover should be flush with the front and rear edges of the helmet, if not it is too loose. More velcro on the helmet shell might also help take up some of the looser fut where the bungie scrunches from the tension... I wish I could post pics from photobucket to show the fitment.

For reference, my high cut Revision ACH VIPER is HUGE and Darth Helmet like compared to this helmet. The premium helmet cover was very expensive but wraps around the whole helmet, fits perfectly, and has a bungie cord on the perimeter that holds it in place. All the attachment straps are on the sides, not front and back. It has no bungie on top. This makes for a perfect and taught fit, like a tailored suit, but you have to bolt your shroud and ARC rails over the top of the cover, further anchoring it. The nice thing about the velcro cover is that you could swap out camo in a minute with no tools.

EDITED to reflect the BOA size. A M/L TW BOA harness took out half of the adjustment length so the helmet went from middle of adjustment range with factory harness to let all the way out on the TW BOA harness.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like all sold out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top