Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2022 7:10:55 PM EDT
My rifle generally prefers the Eley loads that use the 40 grain flat nose EPS bullet. This would be Eley Team, Match and Tenex at a stated 1085 fps.

I also shoot some roundnose 40 grain loads as well. Most of these loads also list at 1080 fps.

I find that the Eley EPS loads generally have significantly less drop at distance.

For example, SK Rifle match at 200 yards needs about 7.3 mils of elevation to be on target at 200 yards. Eley Match at the same 200 yards needs about 6.2 mils of elevation to be at point of aim.

Anybody else getting significantly less drop from the Eley EPS loads compared to roundnose bullets, at longer ranges?

Here’s a 200 yard 10 round group, where I forgot  to switch from 7.2 down to 6.2. Nice 2.25” group, but completely off the target sheet.Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top