Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2017 4:34:02 PM EDT
.177 MP 40,  this looks interesting.  A select fire blaster.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ttwjlh-Rc
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw one at Cabelas for $200. It didn't last the hour I was there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
An article about this MP40 replica.
http://hardairmagazine.com/news/feast-eyes-umarex-legends-mp40/
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
There is also a battle worn edition.
http://hardairmagazine.com/news/new-version-mp40-umarex-mp-weathered/
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one yesterday from Sportsman's Guide for $162 (member price).  Also have a BB trap on the way for garage (and indoor hallway use when the wife and kiddos are not around).

I should do a report on it when I get it.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Got my MP40 today. Only had time to fire a few mags through it at a beer can. Man,what a blast. My grandsons are going to have a ball with it.

Link Posted: 11/4/2017 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/F_ttwjlh-Rc[/youtube]

Yeah, been looking at this thing myself!
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#7]
How does the CO2 hold up? I've heard about 3 mags worth.

I also saw that MrRonerebel on youtube shoots his with an empty cartridge on top of a full one and gets close to 450 fps, so the second cartridge is apparently more about capacity than power.

I guess I still wonder what I'd do with it after a few mags of full-auto giggles. You can shoot up only so many paper targets and coke cans before it gets boring.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I also saw that MrRonerebel on youtube shoots his with an empty cartridge on top of a full one and gets close to 450 fps, so the second cartridge is apparently more about capacity than power.

I guess I still wonder what I'd do with it after a few mags of full-auto giggles. You can shoot up only so many paper targets and coke cans before it gets boring.
View Quote
About three mags is right for the CO2. I bought it for a change of pace which is what it is.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered one too. I wanted the weathered one but they were oos everywhere, so I got an extra mag instead.  Hopefully it'll be here this weekend! Maybe I'll reenact my avatar!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I got an extra mag and a replica WW2 case for mine this Xmas.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice, where did you find the case?
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice, where did you find the case?
View Quote
Wife gave it to me,there some on Ebay and Amazon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Those cans didn't stand a chance!!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Fun, isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 3:43:31 AM EDT
[#15]
That looks like cheap fun!

Do you find it safe enough in terms of ricochet problems? It seems like they could bounce back at you unless the backstop absorbs them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That looks like cheap fun!

Do you find it safe enough in terms of ricochet problems? It seems like they could bounce back at you unless the backstop absorbs them.
View Quote
Shooting at cans lined up on a wooden fence I noticed a few richochets. Made a point to shoot at cans on the grass from then on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
honestly a real full auto isn't much different, but I have always wanted an MP40 and this is about the cheapest way to do it.  Seems more fun than the 9mm semi and about 1/4 the price of one SBR'd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top