Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 2/12/2018 5:32:45 PM EDT
I decided i want a microtech OTF.  I don't really have anyway to handle one of these to see if I prefer one size over the other.  Can anyone recommend one over the other for EDC?   My plan is to use the clip and carry it in my front left pants pocket.  Currently carry a Buck/Strider folder that i've had for years and don't have any issues with the size.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I am assuming you mean Ultratech not max. I have both sizes. I carry either but find that the utx fits better in most of my pockets. I define better in this case as not extending deep enough to be rubbed on by my keys.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, i meant ultratech ... i never seem to proof read the title block for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both, and carry both (not at the same time). I don't find the UT to be a bother with pocket carry. I am looking for someone to make a nice leather belt sheath, but it's purely to carry the knife elsewhere, not that it's an issue. The 85 will fit a pocket better obviously due to the shorter design, and I don't find the length to be too noticeable for use.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been toying with weak-side/left pocket carry with a few folders and one of my finalists is the Ultratech.  The clip reversers of course, but the side activation is what makes it work so well.  Size-wise, it's one of my slimmer choices and the smooth aluminum makes it work like a charm.  If the 85 is shorter, I don't think it's necessary, but I typically prefer larger pocket folders.  Just for reference, I've been rotating between a 4" Hogue X5, Spyderco Endura with Emerson Wave, and the MT Ultratech.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the larger Ultratechs even though I do have a UTX 70. I even frequently carry my Halo 5
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve carried a Ultratech for 4 years now it’s a nice easy to carry knife. Just ordered a UTX-85 it’s smaller/shorter size little less blade and better for smaller pockets.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Scarab FTW
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top