Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2018 11:47:00 AM EDT
Over the winter my wife and I are going to be building 2 semi-auto UZIs, I'm already aware of the blocking bar, notch in the bolt, etc. for the SA build.

Is there any issues with using the rear section of the original receiver with the original serial number and markings? Really like to do this with both builds if possible, assuming I can find a saw cut receiver rear half that's still decent. I've built many 80% kits and always used my own name and serial in the build. Trying to go original here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know those legalities but here's video of Mark Serbu re-building a cut Uzi.

Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
100% no issues at all......

If you're concerned about having your makers info on the gun, or decide to go the SBR route, engrave your info on the bottom of the receiver.

Rear chunks with enough "meat" on them are getting tough to find.......
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
100% no issues at all......
If you're concerned about having your makers info on the gun, or decide to go the SBR route, engrave your info on the bottom of the receiver.
View Quote
This.

You don't need any markings on a Title I firearm (unless your state/locality requires them).
To make a SBR (Title II) just add maker's name and city, state of the build. You can adopt the other original markings from your stub.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top