Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2018 6:55:12 PM EDT
Local pawn shop has 2 UZI model B guns in his safe. One has a 25 round mag, a fake stub barrel, and the 16" real barrel. The other one comes with a 16" barrel with the heat shroud on it, 2 32 round mags, a 25 round mag, a sling, and a bunch of other odds and ends for the gun. Both are marked UZI and Action Arms.
The sales guy said they have had them for a while. I'm sure I can get the price down some.
SO.... What should I be looking for on them? Any warning signs to keep away from?

Thanks for any help!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Im nooooo wayyyyy an expert but do own a Model B Vector with the 45 ACP kit to boot.

My gut from your description  is around 1K with all the accessories. Gunbroker search has several for comparison. (edited, seems I’m way low).

I got my 9mm Vector in plastic hardcase with all accessories, manual and matching 45ACP kit with original IMI mags on GB for $999 in 2015. Saw it, hit the buy it now, dealt with the wife afterwards lol. I put a barrel shroud and an RMR on it and it’s now her favorite gun.

Note original IMI mags are a premium and sell for allot. (Like > 100 bucks each)!
Sounds like no original IMI are in the package you asked about.
I bought some promags and mothballed the IMI mags in my neck beard safe.

UZI Action Arms  History
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Had one back in the day, paid 300.

What is this dealer asking?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
$1600 for the single mag gun. $1800 for the one with the case of stuff and barrel shroud....
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:25:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$1600 for the single mag gun. $1800 for the one with the case of stuff and barrel shroud....
View Quote
I have a model B with the hard plastic case. The manual is serialized to the gun. Apparently those hold a lot of value on their own. I have seen the hard plastic cases go for $300 on gunjoker. I also have a action arms .22 conversion and it is a sweet little plinker. If it's in good condition with hard plastic case and manual $1800 isn't far off. But keep in mind that the .22 and .45 conversions are pricey and rare and their respective mags are hard to find as well. I got lucky after 2 years of searching and came across a .22 mag and bought it for $65.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:39:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I love the original IMI UZI's. The Model B version has an additional safety on the bolt to prevent out of battery discharges and it has updated sights that are easier to adjust. The Model A version is more like the SMG version with the front sight adjusts with a sight tool for both elevation and windage. Kind of like the AK47. While the Model B is more like the M16 sights. Rear sight adjusts for windage and front sight adjusts for elevation.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 6:16:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Magazines and accessories for the UZI are very cheap so dont over pay.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Own several uzis. His prices are in line with lightly used examples. The Model As are sometimes a bit higher priced. Things to watch for are excessive scraping on the bolt surface and inside the receiver, a sluggish grip safety and a loose manual safety. Everything about the Uzi should be crisp and tight. The barrel rifling should be crisp and not pitted. Check the mags for good lockup when inserted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top