Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/24/2018 3:13:08 PM EDT
I have the Euro equivalent of a USR - basically a commercial A2 sporter. Reckon they're identical in barrel quick-release mechanism, but could be wrong.

It has the working mechanism in place to release the barrel, but the actual button is omitted and instead, it just has a short, recessed pin that requires a tool to activate. Does it just need a new barrel lock plunger and QR button dropped in, or is there more involved with installing the original quick-release mechanism?

I can take a photo of it if needed.

Thanks very much.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 5:14:29 PM EDT
Just the button - not sure where to source in the EU, but PJs in the states should have them. The little screw in the end of the plunger is usually locktited in place, so plan for heat, the *CORRECT* size flat-blade screwdriver and care. Remove the screw and the pin should about fall out, then slip the button in its place, align the flat spot with the grub screw and replace.

Link Posted: 4/24/2018 7:33:56 PM EDT
I'll just add a few things, Hahn Precision makes aluminum release buttons, try the grub screw first before heat as it might come out. I've had good and bad success with those grub screws. The whole package of parts is under pressure so removal and installation will be under spring pressure as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 5:32:06 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By maleante:
I'll just add a few things, Hahn Precision makes aluminum release buttons, try the grub screw first before heat as it might come out. I've had good and bad success with those grub screws. The whole package of parts is under pressure so removal and installation will be under spring pressure as well.
View Quote
OK, thank you both. I'll try ordering the parts tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 9:42:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2018 9:44:12 PM EDT by JoshNC]
Rsolomon and Maleante are correct. I was able to swap out the barrel latch on my USR without any heat.

Out of curiosity, in GBR is the AUG a straight pull (not semiauto)?
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:56:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
Rsolomon and Maleante are correct. I was able to swap out the barrel latch on my USR without any heat.

Out of curiosity, in GBR is the AUG a straight pull (not semiauto)?
View Quote
The grub screw on mine also loosened without heat.

Yes, it’s officially called the AUG Z SP. A2/USR style, no A3 or Z Sport like in Europe. 20” inch barrel with 1/2X20” UNF thread, A2 rail, standard AUG SA stock, A1 charging handle, black only.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 12:36:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Anaxes:

The grub screw on mine also loosened without heat.

Yes, it’s officially called the AUG Z SP. A2/USR style, no A3 or Z Sport like in Europe. 20” inch barrel with 1/2X20” UNF thread, A2 rail, standard AUG SA stock, A1 charging handle, black only.
View Quote
Interesting. The A1 CH seems better suited to a straight pull. Congrats on a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 12:45:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By maleante:
Hahn Precision makes aluminum release buttons
View Quote
What are the factory buttons made of, plastic?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 1:21:28 PM EDT
Metal pin with a plastic button.
Top Top