Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2018 4:46:09 AM EDT
Ok I finally bit the bullet and upgraded an old PASGT helmet I’ve had forever with a new suspension system and am mounting some NV to it.  I have an excellent condition USGI ratchet strap (ebay), but have a question.

It looks like there’s a screw hole in the center.  This seems to interface with the same screw that held in the old helmet (and now new) suspension system at the front of the helmet.  So do I ratchet it down and then reuse the screw that came out of the helmet?  I’ve looked around the internet and can’t find any info on this.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
ok.  I was able to get the screw in it.  It obviously only will go a few turns before tightening down due to the extra shroud being on there.  I may try and find a longer screw at the hardware store.

The helmet was new or like new.  I’ve had it for years.  It was either issued to me or my dad (can’t remember it’s been so long) for law enforcement service at one time.  Used to be able to get all kinds of surplus 10-20 years ago.  Obama killed most of it.

Obligatory pics:
Before
Attachment Attached File

After
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't worry too much about the screw only turning a couple of times, that'll put more than enough torque on the plate to keep it in place. The ratchet is what does the majority of the work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top