Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2018 6:55:19 PM EDT
I wanted my Shellback to be modular similar to the Spiritus LV119 and the Ferro Slickster. And now it is.

Spiritus Systems Micro Fight on a Shellback Banshee?!?!
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Down Range Gear makes QASM vertical connectors that do what your mod does, but are much more sturdy.  Cool idea with cutting off the front flap though.

I use the DRG chest rig/armor interface kit on my issued IOTV.  Its really nice being able to ditch all the pouches when they aren't needed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Down Range Gear makes QASM vertical connectors that do what your mod does, but are much more sturdy.  Cool idea with cutting off the front flap though.

I use the DRG chest rig/armor interface kit on my issued IOTV.  Its really nice being able to ditch all the pouches when they aren't needed.
View Quote
I actually happen to have those exact connectors but the spiritus buckles do not work with those. The middle prong is slightly different. Too bad too, I actually really like that method.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok, I slightly modified the buckles I believe you were talking about to work with Spiritus buckles. So I sewed up a couple of nylon straps to mount em. Is this what you were talking about?

Here's what I did to mod them.

Link Posted: 10/14/2018 1:58:37 AM EDT
[#4]
For future ref, Spiritus and most other Swiftclip stuff uses ITW QASM buckles. The ones you have are Duraflex, which are not compatible. It seems as though you made it work though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For future ref, Spiritus and most other Swiftclip stuff uses ITW QASM buckles. The ones you have are Duraflex, which are not compatible. It seems as though you made it work though.
View Quote
Right on, thanks for that info! I really had no intention of doing this but since I had those lying around I figured I’d give it a shot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you bought from Down Range Gear recently?  I waited 3 months for an order and after no response from emails requested, and was given with no comment, a Paypal refund.  I read on here of another person having the same experience.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have you bought from Down Range Gear recently?  I waited 3 months for an order and after no response from emails requested, and was given with no comment, a Paypal refund.  I read on here of another person having the same experience.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. Was gonna buy webbing from them. Guess I will go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up. Was gonna buy webbing from them. Guess I will go elsewhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He makes this neat NODS retention loop that fits the Opscore shroud that I can't find anywhere else.  I have one and need more.  I would have waited longer if he had just answered the emails with a reasonable explanation.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He makes this neat NODS retention loop that fits the Opscore shroud that I can't find anywhere else.  I have one and need more.  I would have waited longer if he had just answered the emails with a reasonable explanation.
View Quote
Man, you could easily make that yourself if you’re halfway decent with a sewing machine. Might cost you a little more up front but if you really need it just snag up the materials and make you a few.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
My last order from him was back in January.  He runs a small but very busy shop but was always good with communication.  Hopefully everything is going well down there, it sounds like it may not be based on the issues you're talking about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top