Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2023 4:54:38 PM EDT
Are the Turkish mausers worth it or should i just say fuck it and get a German K98?.
Iv wanted a K98 for awhile but i just cant find one in good enough shape for the price there going for.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#1]
"Are they worth it" would depend on the price.  When they were $55, he'll yeah!  However, I have no clue what they go for now.  Keep in mind that the Turk rifles were typically on the rough side.

I have a bunch of different Mausers.  The Czech and Yugo ones were very nice for the money back about 15-20 years ago.  I suspect that they are still much cheaper than the German variety.  If I was looking for a shooter, I would look at these first.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get a Yugo M48 Mauser for 50-75% the price of a K98 and it retains almost the same exact function and shooting experience as a K98.

I have two Yugo M48s and they both shoot great and both are in overall excellent condition.... I only need one though.

Good luck in your search!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#3]
If I could find a Turkish Mauser for around $300 I would get it. I always wanted to refinish the wood one one of those, some of those Turkish stocks are gorgeous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top