Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2017 6:03:30 PM EDT
I just dropped my receivers and handguard off at The cerakoter with the intention of having him cerakote it tungsten grey. However he was pushing me to go with a battleworn grey instead. I'm hesitant on the appearance as it looked a bit gaudy to me, however it had a much smoother feel to it than standard cerakote. He said because of the smoother finish, it would be much more durable as well.

Can anyone speak to the difference in surface smoothness and durability? I thought cerakote was cerakote but apparently that is not the case.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an upsell but that's just me. I have several firearms Cerakoted and they had all had the same "durability" from my experience. Then again I'm not big on the battleworn finish. Also I'm pretty sure the only differrence in the finish are between the H series, C series, ext.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It's actually the same price.

He had a burnt bronze cerakote rifle that just felt rough. The Battleworn examples he had felt great.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Ended up going with the Battleworn. Came out MUCH better looking than I thought it would. Also ended up picking an Mega small frame MML alongside the MATEN.

Color is actually very dark, which is what I prefer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top