Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2018 8:12:20 PM EDT
I have a Dark Invader Owl that I am trying to remove the tube from. Anyone have an idea how?
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If is the small Owl wit a 10160 tube it is difficult/impossible to remove without damaging the housing. The front threaded portion is loctited in.
I have used a vice and a strap wrench before.
If you have the right size optical clamp wrench it wont scratch it up as much.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The house isn't a concern to me.

Update: I got the tube out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I see you got the tube out.  thats great. Did the housing get damaged? I have a method i came up with that works everytime and makes removing the tubes from the housings very easy, or at least a lot less difficult, and the housings come away without any damage except two littlle modifications that are neccessary to remove the tube. after removing the tube, the two tiny modifications become mere cosmetic issues and can even be made to dissappear with a tiny bit of epoxy and a bit of touch up paint. There are quite a few specifics and stepsto the method so if anyone is  interested in removing the 10160 tubes from the dark invader owl or nitemare lines of monoculars and dont want to demo the housing in the process, send me a PM or e-mail and ask me how.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top