Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2018 7:12:44 PM EDT
Original post was edited out as there is a report link has a virus-Aimless

Yes, DO NOT go to Rossi's website as they claim they have taken it offline, however, you are apparently redirected to a website with the virus asking you to download it.

Anyway, Latest News:

I talked to Rossi (Braztech) today and they confirm that the webpage stating that they were no longer importing M92s was wrong.  In fact, they claim that the imports have started to arrive and they're just now reaching some distributors in the US.  Not as high a volume as they anticipated at this point but they claim that they are starting to appear to refill the supply chain.

I checked with the major distributors (Bud's, etc.) and don't see any yet but Braztech claims that the Rossis are being imported and will soon appear for sale.  At this point, I'll withhold judgement about the validity of their claim until I actually see one at a local gunshop but at least they are saying that they are importing them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That is horrible. Their lever actions are pretty good and already hard to com by.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Well damn, I thought about buying a .357 lever gun to replace the Win 94 I gave my niece.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, I was waiting for them to come back in stock to pick up a .357 in 20 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Look closer, click the link it is a list of specific models no longer imported.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Why would they stop importing them here? What other market is there for them besides the US?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
New importer?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
^^^^^This. Looks like certain calibers and some octagon barrel models and certain finishes are the only ones they're talking about.
Discontinued rifles page 1
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#8]
The only ones listed among their current products are .45 Colt though. I want a stainless .357, either 16" or 20"
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:12:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
^^^^^This. Looks like certain calibers and some octagon barrel models and certain finishes are the only ones they're talking about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, all the 357/38 R92s are discontinued. Those are on pg 2 http://www.rossiusa.com/archive-product-list.cfm?category=8
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:42:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, all the 357/38 R92s are discontinued. Those are on pg 2 http://www.rossiusa.com/archive-product-list.cfm?category=8
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If by "all" you mean "the 20-inch and 24-inch octagon barrel rifles in blue and stainless finish" then yes.
No mention of round barrels, carbines in any length, etc.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]
RossiUSA website has been hacked and has a virus/ransomware. DO NOT CLICK LINK IN OP. DO NOT UPDATE YOUR FONT IF PROMPTED.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/hoeflertext-font-wasnt-found-and-chrome-font-pack-guide
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why would they stop importing them here? What other market is there for them besides the US?
View Quote
I think the fancy models are priced too high to sell.  Blued round barrel rifles are low-$400 range, which sell OK.  Add the octagon barrel and stainless or case hardened and you're looking at around $700 rifles.

I don't think the market supports $700 for a cheap imported lever rifle - Henrys are similar price, much nicer quality, and US made.  Only a few $ more gets you any number of high end replicas.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Their lever actions are pretty good and already hard to com by.
View Quote
Rossi's are not "hard to come by".
For the passed several months, I was searching for a Marlin or Rossi 357.
The Marlins were the ones that aren't easy to find, reasonably priced either.
Rossi's seem to be everywhere. Gunbroker and Armslist are filled with them.
Average, about $600 for a 357 carbine while the Marlin's were closer to $900
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think the fancy models are priced too high to sell.  Blued round barrel rifles are low-$400 range, which sell OK.  Add the octagon barrel and stainless or case hardened and you're looking at around $700 rifles.

I don't think the market supports $700 for a cheap imported lever rifle - Henrys are similar price, much nicer quality, and US made.  Only a few $ more gets you any number of high end replicas.
View Quote
You forgot ugly when describing the Henry offerings!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess this is just more reason for me to buy an 1873 uberti. Just maybe
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#16]
What's the story here - the virus attack or the Rossi news?

If it's news, what is the story?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Did anyone screen shot the discontinued list? I don't want to click on the link if the site has a virus.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The only ones listed among their current products are .45 Colt though. I want a stainless .357, either 16" or 20"
View Quote
Click each model and it shows the alternate calibers it comes in other than .45 colt.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did anyone screen shot the discontinued list? I don't want to click on the link if the site has a virus.
View Quote
It was basically the 20" and 24" octagon-barreled rifle models (curved buttplate, no barrel band) in blue and stainless steel. I think all 3 major calibers (.357, .44, .45) were mentioned. No other configurations that I could see.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It was basically the 20" and 24" octagon-barreled rifle models (curved buttplate, no barrel band) in blue and stainless steel. I think all 3 major calibers (.357, .44, .45) were mentioned. No other configurations that I could see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top