Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2018 5:26:14 PM EDT
I have a TA44 that I noticed this morning has a milkiness haze surrounding the fiber optic that I haven't seen before on others. Any idea what would cause this?

Also on top of that my reticle donut has a irregularity on the right side like the etched reticle is squiggly (I know not that descriptive but gets the point across). I'm sure this is separate and not affected by the fiber optic as that only affects the collection of light. Anyways I would appreciate any comments on this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn’t worry about the FO unless it’s lessening reticle brightness. If the reticle is janky, and it happens, Trijicon will take care of you. Tell them what you posted here and they should send you an RMA, while you’re at it you may as well mention the FO tube. They’re good people, take care of their customers, and stand behind their products.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
That is what I have heard. In all honesty the optic is 10 years old so the tritium is out of warranty anyways. I had considered changing the reticle anyways to green. I sent it in today after receiving a RMA# so I will see what they say. It did seem like the reticle only really lit up when completely outside. Even ambient light from the window didn't really help. I seem to remember an newer amber one I had a few years ago not having that problem.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is what I have heard. In all honesty the optic is 10 years old so the tritium is out of warranty anyways. I had considered changing the reticle anyways to green. I sent it in today after receiving a RMA# so I will see what they say. It did seem like the reticle only really lit up when completely outside. Even ambient light from the window didn't really help. I seem to remember an newer amber one I had a few years ago not having that problem.
View Quote
And some people put tape over parts of the FO tube to dim the light transmission because it is to bright.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top