Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2018 7:29:02 PM EDT
So what's everyone's thoughts on JP enterprises trigger spring kits ? Worth the time and cash ?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried them once (JP Yellow IIRC). The feel improved, but reliability issues surfaced pretty quickly. Light strikes mostly.

YMMV. But, I would caution you to bet your life on them. For a range toy, go for it. If the rifle may pull SD/HD duty, I’d pass. Save up and get a Geissele/ALG or MBT.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
i used them once many moons ago. I really couldn't tell much diffidence. I run nothing but the Super 3 Gun (S3G)  now and will never look back.
I wait till they go on sale for $150 and buy a few at a time.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#3]
While I was waiting for a trigger that supported the MPX, I installed the JPS3.5T springs and polished all the sear interfaces with polishing compound and a Dremel.   I thought about using the JoeBob's AR15 Grip Screw Trigger Adjuster, but decided I wanted to keep the take-up as is since my young son also shoots the gun.

With the lighter springs, I had to install anti-walk pins since the standard pins would walk out fairly often.

I am happy with the results.  By no means does it make the trigger a Timney trigger, but it is good enough I am debating if I need the new Timney.   That being said a friend of mine has the new Timney MPX trigger, that is a great trigger.

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The JP kit came with 2 springs from what I can remember. I believe I use the lightened trigger spring but not the hammer spring due to reliability concerns. I put them in back when I got my gen 1 and have never had any issues. It lightened the trigger pull a little but no where near as nice as a drop in. Have considered the timney, but for around $10 the springs aren't bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top