Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2020 9:19:53 AM EDT
Getting tired of keeping my eye on the EE. Every time there is a nice wood stock, I seem to get to the party late.

Has anyone bought a wood stock from Treeline? How was your experience (quality? shipping time?)? Would you recommend them?
Anyone who HAS received a wood stock from Treeline, can I see a pic of what you got and a description of which one (I'm looking at USGI Walnut "Excellent Plus").

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's my Treeline Bid Red Walnut stock.  It took him about a week to process and ship. I stripped off all old oils and finish.  Wooden bleach was used, then sanded to 320 grit.  Several coats of Teak oil were applied.  There was only one ding that was deep enough to need work.  I filled it,  but I probably could have sanded it out.

" />

" />
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Treeline bought out most of FRED's M14 stocks a couple of years ago. Treeline has stocks in various grades. Just be specific with them on what you want and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Buddy bought one of their refurbs and it was really nice for the $50 or so he spent.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good. I think I might go ahead and order one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Got my USGI fiberglass from
Them. Great stock, easy company to do business with
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got my USGI fiberglass from
Them. Great stock, easy company to do business with
View Quote

I ordered a slotted metal hand-guard from them and it came in better than I anticipated. I'll buy one of those nice looking GI ones soon. The one in OP looks very nice!
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]
So... after much consideration, I decided I was more interested in a new stock rather than USGI (since my M1A this will be going on is new production). Got a Boyd's medium contour that I'll be finishing with about 6 coats of Tung oil.
Now time for the stupid question:
The metal parts kits for these stocks are universal, yes? They are the same and will fit USGI stocks as well as new, heavier contour stocks?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes. They are universal. Lacking a crimping tool for the stock ferrule, I simply epoxy mine on.
Boyd's stocks are nice, and some have some very nice grain. But, they tend to have much more wood than they need, and so are heavier.
I've got 2 Boyd's and a few USGI. The USGI feel a bit better in the hand. But, I'm keeping my Boyd's.
I've picked up a couple of very nice USGi stocks from a seller on Gunbroker, and I have been very pleased with what I got.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]
@Sailormilan2

Can you give me details on the epoxy process?
Again... I have no idea what I'm doing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@Sailormilan2

View Quote

All I did with my ferrule is to slightly bevel the edges of the wood so the ferrule can just get started without catching the wood.  I mixed some epoxy, and smeared it around inside the ferrule, then tapped the ferrule into place. It's not a part that gets a lot of stress, so epoxy should handle it just fine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

All I did with my ferrule is to slightly bevel the edges of the wood so the ferrule can just get started without catching the wood.  I mixed some epoxy, and smeared it around inside the ferrule, then tapped the ferrule into place. It's not a part that gets a lot of stress, so epoxy should handle it just fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Sailormilan2

Sound almost easy enough for me to do.  Thanks.
What epoxy product do you use?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm using some 30 Minute Slow Cure hobby epoxy I got off eBay.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally got everything I need to start getting this project moving forward.

New Boyd's stock
Stock parts from Treeline
Vented handguard
Slow Cure epoxy (for the front ferrule)
Tung oil and 600 grit sandpaper

Now, all I need is the time.

First mock up pic for attention...

Attachment Attached File

Don't worry.  When I'm done, she won't look like she's having an identity crisis.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#15]
2 coats of tung oil, (at least) 4 to go...

Attachment Attached File

I think she's gonna turn out nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top