Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2018 5:47:32 PM EDT
I got my first NFA item on a trust because of difficulty getting a CLEO signoff. Well, not "difficulty", exactly.  At the time no CLEO would sign off on that.  So I went with the NFA trust instead.

The laws have changed and the CLEO signoff is no longer needed.

In order to simplify matters for some future time, I'm contemplating transferring the item in trust back to me as an individual.

The trust is mine, and I want to transfer it from my trust to me.

Is this possible, how do I do it, will I pay another 200 dollar transfer tax, will I have to surrender my first stamp, what form do I use, what?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Screw that.  Its another 200 bucks and for what purpose?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Is this possible, how do I do it, will I pay another 200 dollar transfer tax, will I have to surrender my first stamp, what form do I use, what?
View Quote
form 4 transfer from your trust to you
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is this possible YES, how do I do it FILE A F4, will I pay another 200 dollar transfer tax YES, will I have to surrender my first stamp NO, what form do I use 4, what WUT?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't think of any good reason to do that. You have more flexibility with it in the trust.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
why bother? If it matters, just remove any other trustees from your trust.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got my first NFA item on a trust because of difficulty getting a CLEO signoff. Well, not "difficulty", exactly.  At the time no CLEO would sign off on that.  So I went with the NFA trust instead.

The laws have changed and the CLEO signoff is no longer needed.

In order to simplify matters for some future time, I'm contemplating transferring the item in trust back to me as an individual.

The trust is mine, and I want to transfer it from my trust to me.

View Quote
Wait, In what way exactly do feel this would simplify matters?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Would the process be the same when transferring an item registered under an LLC into the Trust? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote
Thank you Sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top