Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2017 2:57:48 PM EDT
I know... I know...i apologize in advance for 1 of these threads.

I want to get into the 50 bmg game and id LOVE to get a M82A1, but imo, its alittle out of my price range.  That and as much as firing 10x 50 cals as fast as i can pull the trigger would be, i wouldnt be doing that...alot, mostly because Im more into the precision part of it than just "omg its a semi auto 50"  and would want to go past 1000 meters.

That being said, my budget is around 3-4k, minus optic.  I like the looks of the Bushmaster, as well as the magazine option, but everything i read, says the armalite is alittle more "bang for your buck."  I am sure ill suppress it as well at sometime down the road, just not right away.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Been looking at similar.  I'm a lefty so that's weighing into my decision as well. Same as you everyone tells me the Arma lite is the destination bang for the buck, but the BA  seems to be more modern design. I wish Armalite would refresh the rifle even if it bumped the price slightly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been looking at similar.  I'm a lefty so that's weighing into my decision as well. Same as you everyone tells me the Arma lite is the destination bang for the buck, but the BA  seems to be more modern design. I wish Armalite would refresh the rifle even if it bumped the price slightly.
View Quote
Im a righty but a store had a BA50 and it felt fine to manipulate.  and yes, if armalite did a mag fed bolt action, i wouldnt have even posted  haha
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Both.  I dont like the whole bolt setup on the bushmaster with bearings and what not.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
My best friend did both...
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I initially was choosing between the BA50 and other rifles thinking that a M82 was out of reach. I picked the Bushmaster because I like the left hand bolt / right hand ejection and that it's one of the only magazine fed options in that price range. I haven't had any problems with it but ended up finding a M82 for a pretty good price on a grab-a-gun sale so I got both... I still shoot the BA50 but the m82cq is the one I haul out most often.

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top