Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2018 8:54:09 AM EDT
I want the shortest, lightest, quietest pistol I can get and will be using a suppressor. Want to hit minute-of-Man at 50m with a red dot. If I were to get the MCX, I’d likely choose 300blk as I understand it will be overall better than 5.56.

Seems to me I am basically comparing a 4.5” barrel to a 9” barrel with the 300blk having much better ballistics. Subsonic ammo in both is about a wash. 9mm is cheaper, the MPX is cheaper but mags cost more.

Not sure which way to go and cannot find local examples to fondle, let alone shoot. Not interested in the ‘hybrid’ version as I want the collapsible stock.

Any first hand experience with both? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, realize this is in the wrong sub forum. Will attempt to copy/paste. Mod, please move to AR15 pistols.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I’d jack off a homeless man for a sig Rattler
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
For reals. I may just say screw it and get one in 300blk
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#4]
id say go with an MPX.. works fuckin great in k version. Just get a good supressor. i have an obsidian and get madd gas in face. i heard its not as much with other supressors such as an omega 9k or the other etc.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate being that guy, but what are you going to use it for? I have two MPXs (one SBR and one pistol with a BFS). They are tied with B&T for the pinnacle of PCC ergos and quality. They suppress well and have been 100% reliable. I don’t use them for home defense or as a “truck gun” because I tend to believe that a rifle caliber is more capable of serious work and a pistol caliber, though cheap and fun, is nevertheless “second” class for defensive use.

That’s why I got a Rattler. It’s the size of a MPX-K and can sling quiet subs or devastating supers. The amount of ammo and types available is great and prices are down. One thing I love about the Rattler is that it is portable and maneuverable - clearing corners is very easy and the gun collapses into a laptop bag.

So here’s my thoughts: if you want cheap fun, go MPX; if you think you’re going to keep the gun in a home defense role, get the MCX or Rattler.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Agreed and I’m thinking 300 blk in either case. While I love that Rattler, the extra $600 is a steep hurdle and I’m not sure what I’m getting for that extra money. Seems to me they are about the same? Besides, I have a .30 can in my hand (and another en route) so once I get the firearm, I’m gtg.

Thanks for the insight. I’m thinking if I just want a fun gun, I’ll get that CZ Scorpion. Cheers

What about that MCX Hybrid? Pricing is great.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, meant to ask. What is a BFS? Stock? Also, I waited about 8 months for the can, is it a similar wait time for a SBR approval?
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, meant to ask. What is a BFS? Stock? Also, I waited about 8 months for the can, is it a similar wait time for a SBR approval?
View Quote
I don’t know what the current Form 1 wait times really for SBRs - I would think 6-9 months for an individual. The BFS is a binary trigger. It works well in the MPX because the operating system works smoothly and evenly, making it hard to outrun the hammer.

If you really want the shortest and likely lightest and quietest PCC, you cannot beat the B&T TP9. But, it would require a special suppressor, though B&T is coming out with a killer collapsible stock.

The Rattler is cost prohibitive. I build a Spikes clone of the Honey Badger with a 10.5” Lothar Walther barrel and a PDW stock for about 1/2 the cost of the Rattler. You could easily build one with a shorter barrel - maybe 7.5” - pretty easily.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought an APC9 over an MPX, but I would like to have a rattler.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I may wind up with a Rattler myself one day soon
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#11]
What optic are you using on the Rattler? Pretty certain I’m getting one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What optic are you using on the Rattler? Pretty certain I’m getting one.
View Quote
I have a MRO on it, but also run it with a the few Vortex red dot - the expensive one. It may be called the Viper, but can’t recall.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Great. Thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I have both, an MPX Carbine, and an MCX Patrol. I really dig both of them, in fact they have all but replaced my AR-15's. My favorite rifle is still an Aero Precision M5, but that's just because it's better than AT&T, it allows me to reach out and touch someone. My SBR's are still nice, but nice ain't beating the MPX/MCX como.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top