Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2018 10:25:31 PM EDT
As alot of you guys know I build the Acr's.  Last Thursday I took a day off from Shot Show to enjoy the desert.  I met up with Getty at G&G Rifleworks and we had a long range field day.  We all were running our personal rifle setups and getting them trued for long range shooting.

The rifle I was running was a Templar DMR chambered in 6.5 Grendel.  Here's the list of parts I used on it.
Templar built 14.1" 6.5 Grendel barrel, custom carbine length Satern barrel (turned down by G&G)
AAC 762SD N-6
Trijicon Accupoint 1-8x24 Mil/Mil
Geissele 34mm 20moa mount
HKbeltfed Aluminum Trunnion.
Templar Folding Charging handle
Surefire M600
Unity Surefire Mlok mount
Remington rail with extension
Harris Bipod with ADM QD mount.
Enhanced stock
Factory bolt with type 2 bolt
Templar prototype lower
Geissele SSA-E
Haley Strategic Sling
APWR QD sling mount
Here's a pic of the rifle right after we were done shooting.

It's now sporting a KRG side folding DMR stock which is by far my favorite stock setup for this rifle.   It has super tight lockup, side folding with latches to keep it open or shut, an adjustable cheek rest, adjustable length of pull, and also the ability to rotate the buttpad to your exact style of shooting.

I've not had a good chance to check the accuracy on the rifle but it's definitely sub moa.  We only had 40 rounds of Hornady 123gr Black ammo on hand so we zeroed, trued at 700, trued at 1000 and shot to a Mile (1630 meters to be exact).  At 1000 meters we were hitting a small bush consistently with wolf steel cased ammo.  For the long shot we started shooting at a 10x10 bulding but got bored after a couple shots and swapped to the smoke stack and easily took it out.  It was slightly larger than a normal sized human silhouette target.  I hit about 18 out of 25 rounds, that's including finding my hold at a mile (from 1000m) and fighting the wind which as measured at 20-30 miles per hour.
Shot details, 2500 (est) elevation, 65 degrees, 20-30 mph wind at 90 degrees.  Elevation hold 30.4 mils up and 7-10 mils for wind hold.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Bad ass Dana!!!

Details on the lower?!?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a prototype right now.  I made it from the same material that Tom uses for his.  It doesn't use a trigger box at all but still can use the factory safety components and is full auto compatible for SOT's.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Incredible.

Can you share what LOP measurement you have currently?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell us more about that KRG stock.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
For my LOP, I run the Enhanced stock at 3 open slots back so position 4 out of 7.  That's about 8.5".  The KRG is set to position 2 out of 7 which is 9" and the dmr starts at about 10".

The KRG stock is slightly heavier than the enhanced stock by about 9 ounces.  It's still about 6 ounces less than an DMR stock though.

Taken from the other thread

The DMR stock is my favorite upgrade personally. It's made from CNC machined billet aluminum and has 3 points of adjustment. The cheek piece, the length of pull and even the degree of rotation of the buttpad itself is completely adjustable. It also has a double latch system to keep it locked when it's open or closed. The main latch is like the enhanced Acr button that lets it fold shut. There's another latch inside the rear of the stock that locks it shut so it doesn't wobble around. The stock has a very tight lockup.

Here's a few more pics of the KRG versus the BM options.  

There's a bolt under the back of the stock that helps lock the stock into the rifle to remove any slop it might have.

Pic showing the stock rotation adjustment knob
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:55:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for sharing your impressions - the ACR is quickly turning from a passing interest into a planned purchase.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]
awesome stock are these available or is it a prototype?? if for sale where??
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s a generation 2 prototype.  The stock locking button is getting a revision.  They aren’t available yet it will be released later this year.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:11:56 AM EDT
[#9]
sweet look forward to getting one when they are available!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#10]
How was trying to shoot a mile with that scope?

I have the same one...
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweet rifle!
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How was trying to shoot a mile with that scope?

I have the same one...
View Quote
Thanks guys!

Honestly it was really nice, the scope has 30 mils of hold without adjusting whatsoever.    With my setup it has about 40-44 mils of holdover including the dials.  The only thing I'd personally like is a horus type reticle.  With the wind the way it was I had to hold anywhere from 8-10.5 mils for wind so I dialed 7 and held the rest.  Not needing to dial would be pretty cool but it could hurt the cqb type reticle it has now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I fell in love with my ACR when I first got it in 2010. Many thought it would die but I'm glad to see it is back and becoming the glorious rifle it should have been! Thanks for posting Dana! Who makes the lower and can you IM with a quote on one of your folding charging handles?
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top