Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2022 1:37:31 PM EDT
I know this isnt tech, but does anyone know what happened to the mod here @tony_k ? he hasnt posted in over a year and a half.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope everything is OK. He is a wealth of knowleege.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope everything is OK. He is a wealth of knowleege.
View Quote
+1

I've always enjoyed his posts here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gee, I'm so flattered! I had no idea youse guys missed me! ;-)

For awhile there ... well, a few years ... this place was my life's passion, and I just sorta hung out here.

But now I am getting on in years and am retired, and we've had a few health issues, plus things seemed to be running so smoothly here that I just have been distracted by life.

I promise to try to get by here more often.
View Quote
I just wanted to let you know that we all miss you here
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]
This is good news
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For awhile there ... well, a few years ... this place was my life's passion, and I just sorta hung out here.

But now I am getting on in years and am retired, and we've had a few health issues, plus things seemed to be running so smoothly here that I just have been distracted by life.

View Quote

Glad youre doing better.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Great to hear from you!  Are you still going to the Hernando MG shoots?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#10]
We've missed you; thanks for dropping by and welcome back.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Tony, your expertise was invaluable a while back when I bought my Colt M16. You’re the guru!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I have also appreciated your knowledge. We have a seemingly similar history. Happy all is well. Bob
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Good to hear from you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Tony_K, You and "Werner" were two of the best sources for accurate and thorough M16 and other machine gun information on the now defunct "Subguns" board.  Thanks for all the great posts.

Be well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Send Lawyers Guns and Money
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Oh, wow. Haven't thought about subguns.com for awhile.

Subguns is the reason I became a moderator here -- way back then, ar15.com had a single NFA forum and the moderator apparently vanished, and I was approached and invited by the folks here to take this over. I made so, so many friends here, and it quickly blossomed into multiple forums. As it expanded, of course we added other moderators.

As noted above, machine guns -- and particularly M16's -- are my passion, and when you love something, you want to share what you know.

And yes, I know I shoulda just written a book!
View Quote

@tony_k

I'm glad to hear you're still with us.  You've been an absolute treasure to the site, and I'm extremely appreciative for all you've given the community.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, and I credit you for helping inspire me to get my Colt M16A1.  It'll probably be my only MG, and man, it's even more fun than you described!
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top