Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2018 10:23:15 PM EDT
I bought a Tokarev Mag  off eBay, the listing was this:
"NEW Old stock Surplus Tokarev Mag TT-33  8 Round Magazine 7.62x25 Serbian"
I ended up paying $19 for this junk magazine.  I got it in and tried to put it in my pistol.  It would only go in about 1/2 before getting stuck.  When I tried to pull It out the base plate shot off and  got lost.
I ended up having to take my slide off and using a punch and hammer to tap the magazine  out of my frame.
I sent  the seller an email with a picture of the magazine apart and missing the base plate with an explanation of what  happened  and told him the base plate shot off to God knows where and asked for a refund.
The seller accepted this reason and sent me a USPS label. I packaged it up with all the parts except  the base plate that went flying off.
The seller get the magazine  back then opened a case against me with eBay saying it is missing the base plate and it had one when he sent it to me.  He knew full well the base plate was gone when I emailed him. He now has the junk magazine and trying to get out of giving me the refund he agreed to. So he has the magazine, my money and now I am waiting to see what eBay has to say about it. They have not emailed me asking me about my side of the issue.

So if you looking for tt33 magazines I suggest  stay away from this eBay seller.  He has lot of others listed the same way.

Right now I am not going to list his eBay name the name of the gunnshop. It will be easy enough for you to tell what his listings  are.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a Tokarev Mag  off eBay, the listing was this:
"NEW Old stock Surplus Tokarev Mag TT-33  8 Round Magazine 7.62x25 Serbian"
I ended up paying $19 for this junk magazine.  I got it in and tried to put it in my pistol.  It would only go in about 1/2 before getting stuck.  When I tried to pull It out the base plate shot off and  got lost.
I ended up having to take my slide off and using a punch and hammer to tap the magazine  out of my frame.
I sent  the seller an email with a picture of the magazine apart and missing the base plate with an explanation of what  happened  and told him the base plate shot off to God knows where and asked for a refund.
The seller accepted this reason and sent me a USPS label. I packaged it up with all the parts except  the base plate that went flying off.
The seller get the magazine  back then opened a case against me with eBay saying it is missing the base plate and it had one when he sent it to me.  He knew full well the base plate was gone when I emailed him. He now has the junk magazine and trying to get out of giving me the refund he agreed to. So he has the magazine, my money and now I am waiting to see what eBay has to say about it. They have not emailed me asking me about my side of the issue.

So if you looking for tt33 magazines I suggest  stay away from this eBay seller.  He has lot of others listed the same way.

Right now I am not going to list his eBay name the name of the gunnshop. It will be easy enough for you to tell what his listings  are.
View Quote
I don't understand, why wouldn't you name him?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Because there  case is still active trough eBay.

Only reason I posted this is I don't want others to be taken advantage  of.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#3]
So name him. What does it matter that there's a case open? Did you sign a NDA?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
his ebay name is tambo88. he had like 6 of these mags listed including mine, I do not see them listed anymore right now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
It's strange to me that Serbia would be making an 8 rd tokarev magazine.  I thought they only produced 9 rd mags for their M57 variant.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
It looked just like the two came with my tt33

But when I tried to put it in the pistol it only went in 1/2 way before getting stuck.
I tried to pull it out and that was when the base plate shot off..

I didn't even try and load it  I am sure if I did it would have pushed the base plate off just as it did when I tried to pull it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top