Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2023 10:42:20 AM EDT
My how time passes you by until tax season comes around and you've gotta go back and consult an old credit card statement here or there.

Digging through the sent email folder, I've sent 8 emails to Cobray between February 2021 and gave up in March of 2022. Add in a couple voicemails that went unreturned, with an additional one this AM for giggles.

On the upside, my M11/9 has long since been home, and if my spare parts kit ever shows up it looks like I'll have saved a pretty penny over the current website price of $649.....whenever my order finishes processing.

A smarter man than I would have contacted their credit card company long ago, but my recollection of those participating in threads regarding Cobray always seemed to echo my situation.

"They're slow, but they deliver." "The website is terrible, but they deliver." "It's hard to get in touch with anyone, but they deliver."

*TLDR, don't buy so many MG components and parts that when $495 worth of it never shows up, you forget you've been trying to get an answer on where they're at for two years.

PS, If anybody knows how to get in touch with someone at Cobray, send them my way.....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Email to [email protected]

My last order was in November and was shipped within 48 hours.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Email to [email protected]

My last order was in November and was shipped within 48 hours.
View Quote

That's the email address I've used for all the other attempted communications to no avail.

I hate to put someone "on blast" but at this point I'm out of options and just hoping someone affiliated somewhere stumbles upon a few posts I've made and figures out what went wrong.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to be local. Still took them weeks/months to ship and/or deliver.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I know, that Cobray company is a dealer and she gets her stuff from the actual Cobray company and they are called something else and no website....but they have parts for everything. I've talked to them. Lots of parts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From what I know, that Cobray company is a dealer and she gets her stuff from the actual Cobray company and they are called something else and no website....but they have parts for everything. I've talked to them. Lots of parts.
View Quote

Damn, that's news to me. I assumed I was going right to the source as I've always seen them recommended around here, Sturm, and a few other places.

If the website was defunct it'd be one thing and I'd just assume they went under. Given the prices on stuff have increased, and the phone still goes to a voicemail for a Deborah / Debbie? from "Cobray", someone's gotta be home updating the website you'd think.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Damn, that's news to me. I assumed I was going right to the source as I've always seen them recommended around here, Sturm, and a few other places.

If the website was defunct it'd be one thing and I'd just assume they went under. Given the prices on stuff have increased, and the phone still goes to a voicemail for a Deborah / Debbie? from "Cobray", someone's gotta be home updating the website you'd think.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought so until last year when I joined and talked with the real owners via Facebook and phone. I don't think many people know they exist since I can't find much online. I'll drop them a line and see if they want their info out there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought some old 380 cat paw extractors I think maybe from the Leinad DucktownTN  guy years ago. Some of the things he said made me think he was having stuff manufactured.
Can't remember the RPB guy's name now either. Last saw him at an Atlanta gun show years back selling a box of the new old square style m11 380 mag when they made the first run of the new ones.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Russell Weeks of the R in rpd is local to Atlanta. He still has and makes some parts.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried to buy a parts kit from them and ended up charging it back when many months went by with no response.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
If you are looking for Cobray parts, call these guys. Call them. Trust me.

https://www.excaliburgunparts.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top