Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2022 4:18:47 AM EDT
I've been Cerakoting for seven or eight years now, and I'll be darned if I've never coated a surplus M16A1 stock, or any of the older A1 era furniture. I tend to err on the side of rejuvenating that stuff and conserving it, but I have one for a personal project that is pretty trashed, and historical value is already destroyed. It could look better once filled and coated.

My question is, has anyone ever used H-Series on an older A1 Type D stock?

I suspect the stock material can handle 170 degrees for a low temp cure, but my concern is the glues inside, and the rubber pad.

I've read you can remove the buttpad, but it's an absolute PITA without running the risk of damaging it. So I'm debating using H Series at low temps, or C Series. My problem with C Series is it tends to not be as durable; and this rifle will definitely be out and about in the field.

Thanks

Type D for reference: (Don't worry, I'm not coating a sweet heart like this one)
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top