Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2022 2:01:49 PM EDT
I recently ordered a 1301 tactical. It was supposed to have the interchangeable chokes but what showed up was Cyl Bore. Company said they will take it back for a full refund. My question, how important do you giys find chokes on an 18" tac shotgun?  These things can be a challenge to find, its the model with the urbino stock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep as is
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keep as is
View Quote
Meh, I agree unless there is substantial price difference.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Cylinder bore is just fine for a short-barreled home defense shotgun, IMHO.  If there is no price difference, I'd keep it.  Is a barrel with interchangeable chokes available?  If so, have them exchange barrels.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a 1301 last Saturday it has a choke in the barrel and came with a tool and extra choke in the accessory bag.

Did you get the bag with the LOP spacers and longer screws in it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, literally just a beat up beretta box with a gun. Good amount of dust in the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought this was gonna be a fap thread.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My question, how important do you giys find chokes on an 18" tac shotgun?
View Quote

If you plan on using any ammo like Federal with the flitecontrol wad, keep the cylinder bore barrel. Flitecontrol was meant to be used with the open bore. Chokes will tend to pull the flitecontrol wad off prematurely opening up your spread too soon. Chokes and flitecontrol wads basically do the same thing. So it's either or but not both.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I get the impression chokes or no chokes i got either an open box or used gun. No stock spacers and no lock in the box. Just a few papers and a gun with a dust filled barrel.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:59:01 AM EDT
[#9]
if you are going to play any tactical shotgun games to work on your handling skills, I'd recommend a Light Modified choke... I shot 3 gun pretty seriously from 1995-2015, first with a 21" 1100, and then Benelli M1S90 21".... at Kurt Miller's suggestion a LM choke was loctited in both guns... shot slugs to 3" at 75m
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I refuse to use a shotgun with chokes in a serious role. They do nothing but add liability.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you plan on using any ammo like Federal with the flitecontrol wad, keep the cylinder bore barrel. Flitecontrol was meant to be used with the open bore. Chokes will tend to pull the flitecontrol wad off prematurely opening up your spread too soon. Chokes and flitecontrol wads basically do the same thing. So it's either or but not both.
View Quote

This.

If I was stuck with shit buckshot I would want a modified choke. But I prefer FC and it's just as available and the same price usually.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Since this seems to have been a display gun and missing stuff from the box i got a shipping label and its going back. Way too much money for that shit
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:20:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Smart move
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since this seems to have been a display gun and missing stuff from the box i got a shipping label and its going back. Way too much money for that shit

Smart move

This, definitely.   Flitecontrol is great if you need a tight pattern for longer range but it's not always available and I want the versatility that tubes provide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top