Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2023 6:20:59 PM EDT
I have an omega 36m I believe it has a titanium outer tube and stainless steel baffles.  Would it be safe to throw it in the ultrasonic cleaner with power purple like I do for my rimfire baffles?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  But I can't guarantee it won't compromise the paint on it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.  But I can't guarantee it won't compromise the paint on it.
View Quote

The omega 36m is known for it terrible finish and I have got it hot enough most of the finish is gone anyways.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#3]
36M is cerakoted.  It depends on which cerakote series was used on it.  The baked on 2-part H series is a bad choice for high heat applications as it's only rated to 500 degrees.  The C series air dry stuff is rated to 1200 degrees without discoloring, but it's not as durable to abrasion, chipping, etc.  V series is a 1-part (no hardener needed), but does require baking at 500 degrees and once cured can handle up to 1800 degrees.  

Unfortunately, as you go into the various higher temp series, color choices become limited as well.

As for titanium itself, yes, perfectly safe in an ultrasonic cleaner.  Cerakote SHOULD be OK, but that might depend on the chemicals/cleaning agents you use.  Also, if it has any chips or cracks in the cerakote, it might cause more chipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top