Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2018 5:41:12 PM EDT
Subject pretty much say it all - going to get a 14.5 barreled .308 AR with a pinned-and-welded flash hider on it.  Would like a 'smith to replace that with some flavor of @AAC 51T device, and the Brakeout 2.0 looks like the best choice.  Anyone have experience pinning and welding those? Helpful hints to pass along to a local smith or recommendations on someone to send it to if the locals seem iffy?

TIA!
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d say if the smith needs tips and tricks from us, you should find a different smith.

If in doubt, send it to Adco. There’s also a forum member who appears to do excellent work. Someone else will have to chime in with his name.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’d say if the smith needs tips and tricks from us, you should find a different smith.
View Quote
I've seen some debate on the 51T mounts as to where the pin should go - so curious what the collective wisdom was, guess I should have been more specific

Agreed the 'smith better be able to do this fairly basic work, but if ARFCOM had some advice I'd rather have it before I have work done rather than after!  
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Subject pretty much say it all - going to get a 14.5 barreled .308 AR with a pinned-and-welded flash hider on it.  Would like a 'smith to replace that with some flavor of @AAC 51T device, and the Brakeout 2.0 looks like the best choice.  Anyone have experience pinning and welding those? Helpful hints to pass along to a local smith or recommendations on someone to send it to if the locals seem iffy?

TIA!
View Quote
Save yourself time and headache and send to Adco?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had ADCO do several for me.  They have been pinned both behind the teeth and also at the beginning of the supressor threads.  I think it just depends on who is doing the work that day.

I finally started doing my own and did them behind the teeth just like the posted picture.

I drill and thread the hole, put in a set screw and then weld over the top.  If I want it off I can just grind or drill the weld off and then back out the set screw.

I found the best solution was to just pay $200 for a bunch of SBR lowers once my state allowed them.  No more pinning and welding.  But was a great reason to invest in a nice drill press and welder a few years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top