Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2020 6:20:58 PM EDT
I have a PVS14 mounted on a rhino mount, and use the Pulsar core on my AR mounted all the way back. Also wearing tactical goggles under my ops core helmet.

It can be tricky to get proper head placement such that I can get a full view through the thermal scope through my right eye without putting the NVG up on my left eye, though it’s doable.

If I mount on a pistol with a strike industries short buffer tube then it’s a lot more forgiving in terms of eye placement, but obviously not great lacking a stock for support.

Anyone else wrestled with similar issues? Any tips?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
spot with thermal and identify with the PVS-14
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I flip my 14 up when I go to scope
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I use 2x PVS-14s as a bino.

I articulate the right one up to look through the thermal scope to scan and shoot.

I would recommend putting the PVS-14 on your non-dominant eye to see if you can get used to it and easily look through the thermal.

But I am a newbee with this stuff.

We don't have hogs up here so all I am hunting is wabbit so far and maybe coyote l later this year
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought I would be able to scan/shoot with my thermal scope while keeping the PVS-14 down over my left, non dominant eye. Unfortunately, I have to hold the rifle at an angle to see the screen on my Flir scope.

I switched back to dominant eye and will just flip it up to scan/shoot.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have pretty good results with a red dot on the firearm, PVS14 on the aiming eye, and a hand held thermal.
Look through the thermal with the NVG, or aim through the red dot with the NVG.
Doing both at the same time is never possible anyway.

I was never wild about scanning with a firearm.
- Allows you to to keep the other, night adjusted eye, useful because it never looks through NVG or Thermal,
- Allows full time use of the NVG for maneuvering,
- Doesn't cost hundreds of Dollars for some kind of patchwork bridge mount that carries both devices on the helmet.

Give it a try.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought I would be able to scan/shoot with my thermal scope while keeping the PVS-14 down over my left, non dominant eye. Unfortunately, I have to hold the rifle at an angle to see the screen on my Flir scope.

I switched back to dominant eye and will just flip it up to scan/shoot.
View Quote

I put a riser on my thermal to raise it so I can have the PVS-14 on my left eye and still look through the thermal with my right eye while mounted on the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I put a riser on my thermal to raise it so I can have the PVS-14 on my left eye and still look through the thermal with my right eye while mounted on the rifle.
View Quote

Dunno why I didn't think of that before...just ordered one! Hopefully that solves my issue.  I ordered a 1" riser
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Dunno why I didn't think of that before...just ordered one! Hopefully that solves my issue.  I ordered a 1" riser
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember what i used I just had one laying around so I tried it and it works well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top