Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2019 8:49:47 PM EDT
Maybe it's because I was a fudd as a new shooter, with 30" barrels hanging out of my 870s and 20" barrels on my competition AR, but as I'm getting to my mid 30s I'm enjoying and focusing more on usable defense and carry stuff. I like how handy shorter long guns are for in the house and transportation, and I'm not too worried about ranges over 100 yards at the moment.

I have an SBR that I've been working at getting to function at just shy of 24" long in ready-to-fire condition. I have been lusting over shockwaves and filed an SBS for my old 870 so I can cut it down to 12". I had a Sub 2k but I didn't trust it after the recall.  I want more.

so what are my options for short, concealable and easily transported long guns? I want stuff that can be pressed into useful SD/HD so 9mm or better if a pistol round or 223 or better in a rifle round. I am fine with pistol braces.

what are my options for Tiny Tactical long guns? Do I need to start getting into bullpups or super expensive nice guns? Looking to stay away from any more NFA if I can.

Pics are more than welcome.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh yeah, I'm probably going to buy one of those dumb ass remington bolt action pistols and slap a folding brace on it when the crazy prices die down and maybe that Tac 13...
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Have I told you about my Lord and Savior, the Steyr AUG?

Make a CAR-15 look like an 1886 Winchester.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
prior to the 2016 election, I hedged my vote and bought a couple of complete short uppers, a 7.5 and a 10.5, both 5.56 from PSA with full float hand guards...the 7.5 was a design project used with a LAW folding adapter and carbine length buffer tube ( I do not use a brace or blade) but the added length of the LAW unit gives me about the same length of pull as the KAK 81/2" SB15 tube which is on both 10.5s... the 7.5 had a flip up front sight on the rail

the 7.5 made a very compact, but thick unit when folded, but was my proof of concept for a PDW made without exotic bolt and buffer/brace units... it is back to pieces now as the blast and flash were excessive... the 10.5 is a house gun with a light on the rail, flip up front on the rail, and carry handle rear

a second 10.5 upper with fixed sight tower was my third attempt...both of the 10.5's use carry handle rear sights to make them as rugged as possible, the oblong hand guards were replaced with a set of early smaller diameter carbine units... it makes a good, simple, rugged firearm that gives me 100m or so capability with excellent hit probability
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:23:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Well if you want insanely short and light title1 PCC...
B&T TP9 (w brace):

Or cheaper and takes cans:
GHM9 compact (imagine a brace instead of a stock):

Rifle caliber try an X95, weld the FH on and get the slim buttpad for 26.5" OAL and 16" bbl, no brace worries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RADhNm1yOng
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well if you want insanely short and light title1 PCC...
B&T TP9 (w brace):
https://coppercustom.com/image/cache/catalog/Product%20Pics/BandT/BT%20TP9N%20(1)-1024x1024.jpg

Or cheaper and takes cans:
GHM9 compact (imagine a brace instead of a stock):
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/GHM9-2-1.jpg

Rifle caliber try an X95, weld the FH on and get the slim buttpad for 26.5" OAL and 16" bbl, no brace worries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RADhNm1yOng
View Quote
that GHM9 compact is interesting for sure. I Like the Tavor but I haven't gotten to see one in person yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

They have a great new brace for it, too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice! I liked the look of those, and in 300BO seems like it would be viable. Do you have a picture of it next to a common handgun for size reference?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Got a handgun preference?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got a handgun preference?
View Quote
something full size, like an M&P 5", 1911 govt, or Glock 17?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#11]
FDE gave the best contrast.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:48:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#13]
FPNI

AUG is the best, most no-nonsense "short" rifle available.  Many rip on the trigger, but I rather like it.  I shoot pretty dang well with the mushy squeeze.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#14]
@bestiller what are those 2 smallest guys? They looks like pistols with folding stocks and that's pretty cool. I wish someone made a folding brace for a M&P or 1911. that would be sweet... I know they do little stock/braces for Glocks but I don't shoot those
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#15]
We clearly have similar tastes in handguns... what’s the new brace you mentioned? All I saw so far is those retractable ones

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@bestiller what are those 2 smallest guys? They looks like pistols with folding stocks and that's pretty cool. I wish someone made a folding brace for a M&P or 1911. that would be sweet... I know they do little stock/braces for Glocks but I don't shoot those
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@steviesterno16
The 1st one is a B&T USW with an Aimpoint Nano (the Aimpoint is included with the gun). It’s essentially a SA/DA pistol that’s been SBR’d with a tiny folding stock, all designed by B&T. It shoots great, awesome trigger. CustomSmith Mfg makes supposedly a makes a folding brace for it on request but it’s a “gray area” with the ATF.
The next one is the B&T TP9, it’s SBR’d though CustomSmithMfg makes a folding brace for it to avoid the NFA tax stamp. It’s also a very compact package. I’m currently waiting on suppressors for both of them. B&T also makes a frame (with tiny folding stock attachment)  similar to the USW for the Sig P320, that’s very compact
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@steviesterno16
The 1st one is a B&T USW with an Aimpoint Nano (the Aimpoint is included with the gun). It’s essentially a SA/DA pistol that’s been SBR’d with a tiny folding stock, all designed by B&T. It shoots great, awesome trigger. CustomSmith Mfg makes supposedly a makes a folding brace for it on request but it’s a “gray area” with the ATF.
The next one is the B&T TP9, it’s SBR’d though CustomSmithMfg makes a folding brace for it to avoid the NFA tax stamp. It’s also a very compact package. I’m currently waiting on suppressors for both of them. B&T also makes a frame (with tiny folding stock attachment)  similar to the USW for the Sig P320, that’s very compact
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@steviesterno16
How many rounds do you have through each? Have a favorite?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top