Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2022 4:50:32 PM EDT
Hello everyone, yesterday I received my replacement CZ scorpion evo 3 S1 trigger from Timney. This one clearly says version 2 and the drop in housing is orange unlike the original one which was black. I bought the original simply because I figured it would help with the silly hard safety selector. Well as we all now know there were problems with the original design and after several months of waiting I received my replacement. The new trigger has two springs to select the trigger weight you want. 3.25 to 3.75 or 5.25 to 5.75.

I installed it today and it is very crisp with no take up or creep. This design is very different and appears much better right from the start. I will report back once I get to the range and test it out.

I’ll try to get a picture up later today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#1]
If you don't mind I have a few questions:
- What issues did you run into with the V1 or Original design trigger?  I'm curious as I'm still running it in my carbine.
- Any details on the changes made to the V2?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 9:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The original one would go turbo almost like it was having slam fires, it was very sketchy. The new trigger assembly is much nicer, it has an adjustable trigger weight and is easier to install. They seem like they thought this version through a lot more.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply OP.  Mine hasn't done that (yet?) so will keep an eye out on it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#4]
How does this compare to factory trigger with HBI springs, or even HBI trigger and springs?

I have factory trigger with HBI springs and for the price it's nice.....ish
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does this compare to factory trigger with HBI springs, or even HBI trigger and springs?

I have factory trigger with HBI springs and for the price it's nice.....ish
View Quote

I did have HBI springs & trigger in the original setup, yes, for the money it was very good.  However, for a competition gun, not really.  The Timney took out all of the sponginess and breaks cleanly.  It actually put my Scorpion carbine closer to a race AR 9mm set up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#6]
One big factor for me what the safety selector. I hated the oem. The timney is amazing. It’s so much easier to use. Also by adding the 5lbs spring you get a sold trigger for other then competitive events.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I’ve been waiting for these…thanks OP.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I got mine in a couple weeks ago and put a couple of mags through it the other day. So far so good.

I had the original too and it would go burst mode followed by a dead trigger. Went back to the HBI springs while I waited, and they are good, but the Timney is great.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One big factor for me what the safety selector. I hated the oem. The timney is amazing. It’s so much easier to use. Also by adding the 5lbs spring you get a sold trigger for other then competitive events.
View Quote

Been looking at this. Is it possible to get it with a straight/flat trigger?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Been looking at this. Is it possible to get it with a straight/flat trigger?
View Quote

Not that I’m aware of. I haven’t seen that option but I received mine on warranty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top