Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2018 10:06:01 PM EDT
What Timney triggers are people using?

I see most websites sell the 682 as the trigger for the MPX.  However, I called Timney and they only recommend the 683 for the MPX and not the 821.  It looks like nobody is selling the 683, except for Timney direct.  I am a little gun shy :) since I was one of the first to break a Geissele and the Larue using the MPX (both failed at around 5k rounds)
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Crap! I just bought the Larue BMT
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The MBT is a great trigger, especially for the price.  I have several of them.  It was great in the MPX for thousands of rounds, then it wore out, which resulted in uncontrolled slam fires.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]
KEarms has a SLT triggers don't have a disconnector to break. I have one in my MPX with about 2000 rounds on it and so far so good. The company told me it was good to go in the MPX and they'd warranty it if anything ever happened.

Its a great 4.5lb single stage, and you can engage the safety with the hammer forward as well. drop in cartridge style trigger.

Would recommend 100%
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KEarms has a SLT triggers don't have a disconnector to break. I have one in my MPX with about 2000 rounds on it and so far so good. The company told me it was good to go in the MPX and they'd warranty it if anything ever happened.

Its a great 4.5lb single stage, and you can engage the safety with the hammer forward as well. drop in cartridge style trigger.

Would recommend 100%
View Quote
My SLT1 stopped resetting after 2,500 rounds. They send me a new 1 but I didnt put it in my MPX
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The MBT is a great trigger, especially for the price.  I have several of them.  It was great in the MPX for thousands of rounds, then it wore out, which resulted in uncontrolled slam fires.
View Quote
I am more of a single stage trigger guy. Don't like the extra creep. Wish I bought the Timney before the MBT
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a single stage Timney trigger in my MPX but it appears they've released a newer one on their webpage now.

Mine appears to be the 681 model, which was labeled and sold as "MPX trigger" directly from Timney. Can't find it on their site anymore as it seems they released the 683 model, no clue if there are enhancements for it over the older model.

This is what I purchased directly from Timney before the change.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
It looks like their new dedicated MPX trigger has a new hammer and does not use a bridge.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]
If it less than 15 days and you have not installed it, you can always return it to Larue.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My SLT1 stopped resetting after 2,500 rounds. They send me a new 1 but I didnt put it in my MPX
View Quote
Well that’s disappointing I liked it so much I convinced other people to buy them as well
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I have two Timney's, and they are excellent triggers.

After seeing the generosity of the Geissele Company on this Board, I decided to buy a couple from them and give them a try.  They are amazing.  I'd highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a single stage Timney trigger in my MPX but it appears they've released a newer one on their webpage now.

Mine appears to be the 681 model, which was labeled and sold as "MPX trigger" directly from Timney. Can't find it on their site anymore as it seems they released the 683 model, no clue if there are enhancements for it over the older model.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think their website might just be screwed up, as they list both the single and two-stage triggers as the 682 and 682-ST for straight. It looks like they just changed it from an 'MPX' to a 'PCC' trigger where you can use a bridge and now they have a NEW, exclusive MPX trigger that's going into the new MPX PCC.... The old one is likely a better design and the new one is likely cheaper to produce.

It doesn't even look like Timney has had time to update everything yet. If you read the description of the 'new' MPX trigger it says:

The MPX replacement from Timney features a hardened steel bridge to protect the trigger components from the vigorous bolt blow back characteristics prominent in Pistol Caliber Carbines.
While they don't show anything the pictures that I can see. So who knows.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well that’s disappointing I liked it so much I convinced other people to buy them as well
View Quote
Same, it will be great in any AR but just not the MPX. I loved it in my MPX, wish it lasted.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Is anybody aware of valid coupon codes for purchases on the Timney site?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
While we tested the trigger with 5000 rounds in a 9mm AR, and 5000 rounds in an MPX prior to release, some PCC users encountered problems.

To address these problems we did the following:
1) All the components are heat treated now rather than just the hammer
2) We added a return spring under the sear to force it up.  This is visible from the front of the housing under the hammer.

Everything sold from November 2017 forward has these features.

If you encounter problems with your SLT e-mail [email protected] for a replacement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While we tested the trigger with 5000 rounds in a 9mm AR, and 5000 rounds in an MPX prior to release, some PCC users encountered problems.

2) We added a return spring under the sear to force it up.  This is visible from the front of the housing under the hammer.

If you encounter problems with your SLT e-mail [email protected] for a replacement.
But the SLT isn't designed for the MCX ?

Quote from Brownells webpage for the SLT-2: All the SLT-2’s moving parts are sealed in the anodized aluminum housing, protecting them from fouling and debris. The whole module drops into any lower receiver with a mil-spec fire control pocket. It’s retained with standard .153" hammer/pins captured by springs inside the housing bushings. Fits pistol caliber blow back systems and high-velocity bolt/carrier groups, too, and it’s more than robust enough to stand up to the trigger eating reputation of SIG Sauer’s MPX. (Will not work with SIG MCX firing pin safety.) Also available with a straight shoe - #100-027-833.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info!

Pulled my trigger out, its definitely the newer style you described, my friends all bought after me, So I would guess they're all the newer style.

I just hit approx 2500 rounds on this trigger over this last weekend.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hmm, Maybe I will put that replacement SLT-1 you guys sent me back in the MPX and see how it runs. I really loved the trigger more then any other trigger I've added to any gun by far. I just want 100% reliability in my MPX. My problem was it stopped resetting and I needed to push the trigger forward to fire the next shot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top