Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2018 9:53:15 AM EDT
Anybody here heard anything new yet as to when our dealers will finally see these? Getting anxious.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't be the only one in the dark here...
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys with preorders got an email relaying a delay with customs of about one month and that was a few weeks ago.

I have a hard time believing that is all of the story or we would otherwise be watching and reading a lot of reviews from guys in Europe who have theirs and were not delayed by customs.

Rimfirecentral will be your best bet for the most up to date status. Huge interest in that group.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you sir. I've been hearing late May early June, but like you said, no reviews of anything yet anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I asked Whittakers and they indicated that the late May-mid June timeline was still accurate with the info they had available.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guys with preorders got an email relaying a delay with customs of about one month and that was a few weeks ago.

I have a hard time believing that is all of the story or we would otherwise be watching and reading a lot of reviews from guys in Europe who have theirs and were not delayed by customs.

Rimfirecentral will be your best bet for the most up to date status. Huge interest in that group.
View Quote
I knew it just did not add up. There are problems as I suspected and they have to be fixed. The small number sent out in Europe have been requested to sent back in.

August is a new target date for Europeans. Consider yourself lucky if you see one here by September.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a post in Rimfire Central saying Tikka has found a problem, recalled all the Euro guns already shipped, and delayed the release until they can fix it. The Euro release has been pushed back until August which means we'll not see it here until after that.

/edit Wow I have no idea how I missed the post from yesterday with this identical information..
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm considering just asking for a refund on my pre-order. I would love to stick with Tikka but if this is still months out I could just go buy a CZ 455 and have it in days, able to use it this summer. Wish there was better communication on dates & status.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I almost bought the integrally suppressed 455. However, I'm sticking with the Tikka, they have a good reputation. It is bitter sweet that they are being delayed due to recalls but, it's better than receiving it then sending it off shortly thereafter for a safety recall. At least they are proactive about releasing a good quality firearm.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I almost bought the integrally suppressed 455. However, I'm sticking with the Tikka, they have a good reputation. It is bitter sweet that they are being delayed due to recalls but, it's better than receiving it then sending it off shortly thereafter for a safety recall. At least they are proactive about releasing a good quality firearm.
View Quote
Yeah, it sucked to have bought my Ruger 22/45 MK IV about two weeks before they recalled them. I had to wait 2 months to get mine fixed.

Definitely agree on Tikka having a good rep. I have a CTR and a TAC A1 that are great shooters. I'm going to leave my Tikka order in place but I also bought a 455 that should be to my FFL next week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top