Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2020 6:52:22 PM EDT
Just got my PS90 and am looking for accessories/upgrades for it, what are the good ones and what should I stay away from?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the PS90 one of my favorites, if I remember correctly someone asked this same exact question couple months ago take a look shouldn’t be too far down the list on the FN page.

ETA maybe not must have been archived. I don’t see it. Anyway put a good red dot on it maybe a light. A better charging handle and your good to go!
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]
A SBR stamp and a barrel...
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Good sling
Transport case
Magazines
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just got my PS90 and am looking for accessories/upgrades for it, what are the good ones and what should I stay away from?

Thanks,
View Quote
It might have been my thread... can not say enough good things about Design Machine...

PS-90 Fixed Mount (Vortex Crossfire & Sparc ll, Aimpoint T-1, Romeo-5) - or what ever version you want for your red dot
https://dmachineri.com/collections/scope-mounts/products/ps-90-aimpoint-t-1-vortex-sparc-ll-romeo-5

Man Kave Replacement Magazine Rollers
https://dmachineri.com/collections/accesories/products/man-kave-replacement-magazine-rollers

PS-90 3" Picatinny Rail
https://dmachineri.com/collections/rails/products/ps-90

Optional...

Man Kave PS90 Short-Pull Hammer with Sear
https://dmachineri.com/collections/accesories/products/man-kave-ps90-short-pull-hammer?variant=25768632909888

CMMG ps90 10.4" barrel + required thread adapter / muzzle device + $200 SBR tax stamp - can be found cheaper else where
https://cmmginc.com/?s=ps90&post_type=product
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Wire hanger and some pliers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:30:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It might have been my thread... can not say enough good things about Design Machine...

PS-90 Fixed Mount (Vortex Crossfire & Sparc ll, Aimpoint T-1, Romeo-5) - or what ever version you want for your red dot
https://dmachineri.com/collections/scope-mounts/products/ps-90-aimpoint-t-1-vortex-sparc-ll-romeo-5

Man Kave Replacement Magazine Rollers
https://dmachineri.com/collections/accesories/products/man-kave-replacement-magazine-rollers

PS-90 3" Picatinny Rail
https://dmachineri.com/collections/rails/products/ps-90

Optional...

Man Kave PS90 Short-Pull Hammer with Sear
https://dmachineri.com/collections/accesories/products/man-kave-ps90-short-pull-hammer?variant=25768632909888

CMMG ps90 10.4" barrel + required thread adapter / muzzle device + $200 SBR tax stamp - can be found cheaper else where
https://cmmginc.com/?s=ps90&post_type=product
View Quote
Why would one need replacement mag rollers?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:22:54 AM EDT
[#7]
When are the Man Kave PS90 Short-Pull Hammer with Sear gonna be in stock again?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys I got a 3" rail already for it, Vortex Spark II for now (low mount 1.5x ACOG in the future), SBR paperwork already sent in, and suppressor is on the list.

Keep any more ideas coming if there are some.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
A $200 stamp.

ETA I see this is already in the works. I went with a ring sight but that’s because I wanted the right look...then again my ring sight won’t adjust high enough to zero 198lf either sooooo only other thing I’d get is a sling and P90 SBR case.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The ONLY necessary upgrade IMHO is Man Kave magazine rollers.

That being said the following are nice upgrades...

Folding charging handle

Man Kave billet aluminum magazine catch

Factory FN brass catcher

Elite Ammunition quick disconnect sling mount

The Vest Guy Tactical Vest with built in sling mount
View Quote
Got all of that except the vest.

Also ordered the Derlin rollers, and tactical link single point sling.

Anything else I'm missing?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't think any of that stuff is necessary, except the tax stamp.  Get the ball sack brass catcher if you reload, that's a good accessory. Too expensive, but very functional.  A decent optic is a nice upgrade, but that will probably require a mount of some kind.

I wanted an FN Ps90, not the aftermarket interpretation of a Ps90... It works just fine as it comes out of the box (except for the extra barrel hanging out the end).
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Make sure when you order the SBR barrel you call them and ask if it is actually in stock, ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A SBR stamp and a barrel...
View Quote
This!! Efile form 1 mine was a month
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Tax stamp
CMMG barrel
Suppressor (mini 5.56 or something like the Omega 9k, not a .22LR can)
K&M Lightning trigger spring
Gen 2 Creep Killer
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Tax stamp
TROS USA shipping address

then:
Cigar cutter sling
Spare mags
SS198LF
&
Optic of your choice.

Fin.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I put the delrin rollers in mine. Just looking at them, you can tell the difference. Makes loading mags easier too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tax stamp
TROS USA shipping address
View Quote

While by all accounts TROS does exceptional work, he's also very well known for underestimating timelines and may not be the best communicator...do your own research before deciding.

Stock barrel removal is actually not that difficult - folks have come up with pretty straightforward ways to remove the shroud and then you just push the barrel out with a dowel or cleaning rod to retain the springs and button.

Not the greatest video, skip to 1:20 for the actual pin removal - I didn't locate my drill hole in quite the right spot and ended up with a much uglier shroud hole than his, and I got into the barrel threads a bit - but was able to drive the pin right out just about as easily as he shows!  Since I was having Morgan @EastTxHunter cut the barrel back, I wasn't concerned BUT I'll also say the shroud threaded right on and off again quite smoothly past the extra bit of hole I installed ...

How to: Remove PS90 Barrel Shroud in 2 minutes without stripping threads!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9b8cYjLLJw
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#20]
If you want to spend the coin.

Gatewood supply has real FN P90 barrels and original flash hiders (both 1st gen and 2nd gen). These were from police guns so they are used, but in excellent condition.
If you don't care about saving the shroud, you can simply hacksaw a couple inches behind the threads/pin.

It's much faster.

Then save the original barrel to be cut down/threaded for a spare.

Also don't forget you will need thin wrenches and a crows foot to torque the barrel down to the flash hider. Spec is 30-35 ft lbs. It is reverse thread too (Righty loosey, Lefty tighty).
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

While by all accounts TROS does exceptional work, he's also very well known for underestimating timelines and may not be the best communicator...do your own research before deciding.

Stock barrel removal is actually not that difficult - folks have come up with pretty straightforward ways to remove the shroud and then you just push the barrel out with a dowel or cleaning rod to retain the springs and button.

Not the greatest video, skip to 1:20 for the actual pin removal - I didn't locate my drill hole in quite the right spot and ended up with a much uglier shroud hole than his, and I got into the barrel threads a bit - but was able to drive the pin right out just about as easily as he shows!  Since I was having Morgan @EastTxHunter cut the barrel back, I wasn't concerned BUT I'll also say the shroud threaded right on and off again quite smoothly past the extra bit of hole I installed ...

View Quote

I don't like TROS because he requires a copy of your Form 1 just to cut down and thread a barrel.

I could understand if your were sending the entire receiver with barrel, but it's just a barrel he wants it for.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I have ave most of the upgrades mentioned. Rollers, aluminum mag release, hammer/sear, trigger, extended charging handles, ERT sling. I have a bilock flash hider so I usually have my Gemtech shield on there.

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you don't care about saving the shroud, you can simply hacksaw a couple inches behind the threads/pin.
It's much faster.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It's much faster.

I hear this, but I think even my slow pin-removal may have been faster.  Regardless it's true one just needs to get the thing off/out!

Quoted:
Also don't forget you will need thin wrenches and a crows foot to torque the barrel down to the flash hider. Spec is 30-35 ft lbs. It is reverse thread too (Righty loosey, Lefty tighty).

Solid point - I like the Stahlwille Motor 10 wrenches and they worked well for this application also:
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

I've test-fitted but not actually used yet the Park Tool crows-foot - it looks like it'll work just fine for the 30-35 ft-lb needed here:
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't like TROS because he requires a copy of your Form 1 just to cut down and thread a barrel.
I could understand if your were sending the entire receiver with barrel, but it's just a barrel he wants it for.
View Quote

It's called CYA...
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's called CYA...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's called CYA...

Please send your 1040A along with your order for a money counting machine so I can be sure you’re not a drug dealer trying to launder cash...

Luckily he’s the only vendor on the planet that I’ve ever heard of requiring tax documents for a barrel cut and thread. (And you can use the “Amazon Loophole” to buy your cash counting machines without having to pass a background check!)
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Solid point - I like the Stahlwille Motor 10 wrenches and they worked well for this application also:

I've test-fitted but not actually used yet the Park Tool crows-foot - it looks like it'll work just fine for the 30-35 ft-lb needed here:
View Quote

Be sure your torque wrench is able to reverse torque as you can't fit a torque wrench to torque the normal direction.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Because FN CAST the rollers and the rollers have a parting line where the two half's come together. The material isn’t very “slick” either.

Man Kave (Mike) machines his rollers out of delrin which is very “slick”.

I was unloading a 50 round magazine by hand and at one point it failed to push the rounds to the feed lips, I ordered Man Kave rollers and I couldn’t duplicate it after installation of the new rollers.
View Quote

Polymers aren't CAST, they are injection molded.  There are not halves that "come together", that is the mold line.

Never had an issue with any o my 50+ mags.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

AND Mark McWillis (TROS) has more experience with cutting down PS90 barrels than probably all other vendors combined. He's cut down OVER 1,000 to date.

When he cuts down a barrel it's virtually identical to a Factory FN P90 barrel.
View Quote
Marvin Pitts did mine. Stryker Enterprises used to make nice barrels as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AND Mark McWillis (TROS) has more experience with cutting down PS90 barrels than probably all other vendors combined. He's cut down OVER 1,000 to date.

When he cuts down a barrel it's virtually identical to a Factory FN P90 barrel.

I had Morgan at Class 3 Machining turn my PS90 stub into an SBR barrel.  It's damn near perfect.  I use one of the old CMMG chrome-lined barrels in it now, but keep the converted one as a hot spare.

Must haves for me, I'd say a Design Machine mount with the appropriate optic.  I've hated that stupid white ring sight since day 1, and swapping it for a Sig Romeo5 was a new dawn.

Ring Sights made a limited run of green fiberoptic and green LED sights, but they weren't around long.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I had Morgan at Class 3 Machining turn my PS90 stub into an SBR barrel.  It's damn near perfect.  I use one of the old CMMG chrome-lined barrels in it now, but keep the converted one as a hot spare.

Must haves for me, I'd say a Design Machine mount with the appropriate optic.  I've hated that stupid white ring sight since day 1, and swapping it for a Sig Romeo5 was a new dawn.

Ring Sights made a limited run of green fiberoptic and green LED sights, but they weren't around long.
View Quote

@Findsman Why did you change to the CMMG barrel? If you still have the white ring sight and want to part with it, drop me a PM...
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@Findsman Why did you change to the CMMG barrel? If you still have the white ring sight and want to part with it, drop me a PM...
View Quote

I phrased my post poorly.  I had purchased the CMMG barrel before I even SBR'ed it since that was when they were starting to get spotty availability, and then the non-CL versions were becoming more common.  After I had my stamp, I just cut the original barrel off, and installed the CMMG since it's what I had at the time.  I didn't want to deal with TROS's backlog and paperwork inspection, so I just sat on the stub for years until I learned Morgan could do the conversion.  He's done a bunch of barrel work for me before, he's cheaper than TROS, and he's local to me.  I just never swapped it after I had it redone.  Worst case, I'll wear out the CMMG barrel, then switch to my FN spare.

I appreciate the offer on the white ring, but since it was an original part I'll hang onto it.  I'll keep you in mind though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I hear this, but I think even my slow pin-removal may have been faster.  Regardless it's true one just needs to get the thing off/out!

www.amazon.com/dp/B000Y8ZOS6

www.amazon.com/dp/B00JXNZMMQ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's much faster.

Quoted:

www.amazon.com/dp/B000Y8ZOS6

www.amazon.com/dp/B00JXNZMMQ

Just reporting back that the Park Tool crows-foot works just fine. Set old Craftsman Digitork wrench to lefty-tighty and dialed in 32.5 ft-lbs and was good to go.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I phrased my post poorly.  I had purchased the CMMG barrel before I even SBR'ed it since that was when they were starting to get spotty availability, and then the non-CL versions were becoming more common.  After I had my stamp, I just cut the original barrel off, and installed the CMMG since it's what I had at the time.  I didn't want to deal with TROS's backlog and paperwork inspection, so I just sat on the stub for years until I learned Morgan could do the conversion.  He's done a bunch of barrel work for me before, he's cheaper than TROS, and he's local to me.  I just never swapped it after I had it redone.  Worst case, I'll wear out the CMMG barrel, then switch to my FN spare.

I appreciate the offer on the white ring, but since it was an original part I'll hang onto it.  I'll keep you in mind though.
View Quote

Who is Morgan and how do you get ahold of them?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Who is Morgan and how do you get ahold of them?
View Quote

Class 3 Machining, an industry partner...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/Barrel-Threading-sale-50-PTR-91-Aug-Scar-Sig-MPX-Beretta-21A-FAL-PAPM92-Pin-and-Welds/143-1029861/?page=65

Morgan's handle is eastTXhunter
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:17:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Are the Black Rings worth anything? I have one with a REM Illuminator since the Tritrium is running dim on it
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are the Black Rings worth anything? I have one with a REM Illuminator since the Tritrium is running dim on it
View Quote

They are more desirable than the white ring sight. The REM illuminator makes it even better. Couldn’t say on the cost, but I sold a white ring/REM illuminator last year for $200 locally.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Because FN CAST the rollers and the rollers have a parting line where the two half's come together. The material isn’t very “slick” either.

Man Kave (Mike) machines his rollers out of delrin which is very “slick”.
View Quote

How hard was it to change the rollers?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It takes me a couple of minutes a magazine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How hard was it to change the rollers?

It takes me a couple of minutes a magazine.

Yep, if that - pop baseplate off, remove follower and spring, dump out factory rollers, marvel at their unshapely appearance, slide new rollers in one at a time, jiggling magazine to get them into proper position, replace follower and spring, observing orientation cleverly marked on magazine body, replace baseplate.  Pretty sure there's a YouTube video or three about it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#41]
brass catcher you will want one

for a case just go to dicks and get a racket case for $15
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SD307:
brass catcher you will want one
View Quote

Watch out - FN recently redesigned the official one to remove the "coin purse" opening at the bottom - so either skip the $50-60 official one in favor of a $20 knockoff, or hunt down the original design.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Off topic, CC violations, too much to sort from two reports.  AeroE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top