Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2020 2:45:14 PM EDT
My LGS has the old polymer mags for a Mac-11. They don't have any branding on them, any thoughts from the group? Thanks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]
They look like factory Cobray mags.
Fee lips wear out on full auto.
You can get metal inserts for the feed lips.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
How much does he want for them?

I'd get Zmags if I had an M11.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much does he want for them?

I'd get Zmags if I had an M11.
View Quote
$20 ea.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
They split in the back and wear feedlips end up fountaining out if  full and bumped.  Spend the extra on z mags.  Get them if they have a cobra logo just s a collectors item. Not for use.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#5]
As the feed lips wear, you can heat a knife blade and gently bend them back towards the correct feed angle.

Yes these were expendable.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
JUNK-O-MATIC
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Look at you spoiled children with your Zmags (yes they are quite nice).

Zytel mags are fine.  Yes they do wear out but they were never intended to last forever.  They actually work quite well.  You can also adjust them by putting them in boiling water and bending in the feed lips.  That was how I would adjust them for feeding 380 in an M11A1.  The materials also make them basically self lubricating.  Back before Zmags they beat the shit out of Pam2 mags which were basically the only other option.

Today though with the zmags, the $20 price is unacceptable.  By the time you add Lage feedlips at $5 a mag, you are almost to the price of a Zmag.  I would pass at $20 and buy them all at $10.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 1:52:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
JUNK-O-MATIC
View Quote

^^^THIS^^^ Possibly the worst magazines I’ve ever had the displeasure to own and use. They really do wear out rapidly from normal use. The sharp edge of the extraction groove in the 9mm cartridge case scrapes away at the magazine’s soft zytel plastic feed lips. This has the effect of changing the magazine’s feed angle, as you fire your M11/9.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I sold all the remaining plastic Cobray mags I had and got all Zmags. Very glad I did. Zmags are great. They may need break in depending on your gun.
I have read of them not working in some guns. That’s because there were so many that were not properly welded together. They run perfect in my gun.
They also work for the wide magwell M11A1.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I have about 30 of them and they all work fine on full auto. I took each one apart and cleaned them and took all the casting flash off and sprayed them with dry lube inside. Then I stretched the springs out about 10%.

Brand new they are hit or miss on function. More miss than hit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a free tip. The feed lips will open over time. All you have to do to correct them back to the proper feed angle is light an old timey kitchen match and heat up a knife blade. When the match is about t burn your fingers, the blade is ready. Gently use the heated knife to fold the lips back to where the proper feed angle is achieved. Your mags will last much longer this way.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep an eye on Shockwave Technologies website.  Every so often they discount the zmags $5 off. I bought a dozen zmags over the past year. In my gun almost every zmag will jam once the very first time I use it and then they run 100 percent.  I dont know why, maybe just a little break in. Then the gun just zips right through them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top