Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2018 11:37:02 AM EDT
Anyone own one ? How good do they run?
I know the tavor 7 is coming out soon and it's going to be the one to get but I can possibly get a good deal on one right now and maybe trade it later on a Tavor
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, I have had it for about 5-6 years or so.  I really like it, it has yet to ftf.  It runs perfectly and likes all the different mags I have.

It is not super duper accurate, about 2-4" groups depending on ammo.

It also has reliably used all the different types of 308 I put in it.

I have a 1-4x30mm scope on it that works really well with the rifle.

I have killed a couple of deer with it, and I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up to use in a social situation.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thors Hammer, what magazines do you use?  I have had the exact opposite experience with my RFB - I get FTFs ALL the time.  The Thermold magazine works the best, the DSA arms do not work at all.  Haven't tried others.  Some ammo works OK (1 or 2 misfeeds a magazine) and other ammo will hardly work at all.  It's a pain in the ass having to tune the gas valve to each kind of ammo also.  If it worked it would be a really cool gun.

For the OP, my recommendation is wait for the Tavor!  I have an X95 and it hasn't failed yet with about 2000 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Had one a few years ago. Never had a problem. Ran into a deal

I couldn't pass up. Traded it for a Steyr Aug.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The Tavor 7 is pretty heavy, but the polymer used feels so much better than the polymer KT uses.

I used to like KT for the innovations, but their QC sucks...seems like every firearm they produce...their customers are beta testers as I have not seen one KT product that ran from the beginning.

I'd never recommend anything KT and I've owned a few of their firearms.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File
K so went ahead and got it ,I  may regret it .. I put a homeless 308 reticle eotech on I had with magnifier , hope it runs good  gonna try it out in the next few days
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Be sure you read the manual and set the gas adjustment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be sure you read the manual and set the gas adjustment.
View Quote
Thx, yeah read up on it and watched a few videos
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31920/1FBA9C55-83B1-4F81-997F-5C7CEC89FAE7-459493.JPGK so went ahead and got it ,I  may regret it  but I put a homeless 308 reticle eotech on I had with magnifier , hope it runs good  gonna try it out in the next few days
View Quote
Wish mine was FDE
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thors Hammer, what magazines do you use?  I have had the exact opposite experience with my RFB - I get FTFs ALL the time.  The Thermold magazine works the best, the DSA arms do not work at all.  Haven't tried others.  Some ammo works OK (1 or 2 misfeeds a magazine) and other ammo will hardly work at all.  It's a pain in the ass having to tune the gas valve to each kind of ammo also.  If it worked it would be a really cool gun.

For the OP, my recommendation is wait for the Tavor!  I have an X95 and it hasn't failed yet with about 2000 rounds through it.
View Quote
I would not judge my RFB experience based on what happened with DSA 20rd mags, since the consensus (for example, on falfiles.com) is that they don't work even in the FAL that they were 'designed' for...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would not judge my RFB experience based on what happened with DSA 20rd mags, since the consensus (for example, on falfiles.com) is that they don't work even in the FAL that they were 'designed' for...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'...

Forrest
My DSA will not function with DSA mags. Surplus and Moses are 100%. If the gas adjustment is like a FAL I would just set it for the weakest ammo you are going to use and leave it unless they are wildly different.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 3:37:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Added a few bells n whistles to it ...K so so far I've  ran  lil over 60 rnds through it , yeah I know not many but so far so good, definitely can play with the gas on it ..but not disappointed at all  so far , going to run some more rounds  though it this weekend & try n see how it  performs with some steel case wolf Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I will never recommend anyone buy a Kel Tec as a go-to gun but I freaking love my RFB. It runs on DSAs and with a PA micro is freaking efficient as all get out. Excellent gun, but I get that I may just be lucky with mine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I will never recommend anyone buy a Kel Tec as a go-to gun but I freaking love my RFB. It runs on DSAs and with a PA micro is freaking efficient as all get out. Excellent gun, but I get that I may just be lucky with mine.
View Quote
I've got an RDB on the way, should be a fun gun. But yeah, when the zombies come I'll grab one of my ARs or my ARX long before this. Even if it was as trustworthy, shit happens and clearing a malfunction seems a lot more complicated than the AR or ARX.

I've thought of an RFB  before, but I've just never kept any of the 308's I've had, so not sure it's worth buying only to sell it later.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Iv had a 16” and an 18” FAL, which spurred the RFB and while a serious situation may call for a FAL, the RFB goes to competition shoots every time and as my traveling gun more often than not too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Had one, took a little work to get the gas setting right, ran fine. More fun suppressed but a pain to clean. After having it for four years, found it too uninspiring to hang onto. And Kel-Tec, I just don’t want to be stuck with anything Kel-Tec. Much prefer the Tavor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top