Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2021 3:18:14 PM EDT
Anyone on here run a TT trigger in your MCX or MPX? Thinking about trying and curious what the opinions are.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Negative on my MPX Im sticking with the stock trigger. It works fine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
In for MCX replies
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had the TT MCX trigger since December, only 500 rounds through thus far. Subjectively, it is better than my Geissele SSA-E in my AR's. Mechanically, I don't think light primer strikes are possible with reduced trigger-pull weight, and it came from the factory at around 3 lbs 8oz avg; using the Lyman gauge, it varied from 3 lbs 7 oz to 11 oz. Positive reset, extremely crisp break, strong hammer strikes, what more is needed from a trigger?
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 12:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had the TT MCX trigger since December, only 500 rounds through thus far. Subjectively, it is better than my Geissele SSA-E in my AR's. Mechanically, I don't think light primer strikes are possible with reduced trigger-pull weight, and it came from the factory at around 3 lbs 8oz avg; using the Lyman gauge, it varied from 3 lbs 7 oz to 11 oz. Positive reset, extremely crisp break, strong hammer strikes, what more is needed from a trigger?
View Quote

How would you compare it to the Virtus Match Duo trigger?
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The TT definitely has a more consistent pull weight; however, noticing the variation in pull weight of the Match Duo is negligible. The Match Duo is a quality trigger comparable to the Geissele SSA. The TT's trigger shoe is slightly narrower than the Match Duo, about the same width as Geisseles curved triggers. I prefer the grooves on the TT over a slick trigger, but they are also necessary for a reduced surface area compared to the Match Duo. If you want the TT MCX trigger or reduced trigger weight adjustability, then it's absolutely worth it; if not, then stick with the Match Duo.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for posting your experience, that was helpful. Been wanting to get a flat face trigger for my Virtus and this seems like one of the few options worth considering. I like the TT trigger design with the rod and the self contained trigger assembly. LPS and dealing with contaminated seems like they won’t be an issue. Other than price, doesn’t seem to be any major downsides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top