Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2020 10:53:56 PM EDT
I am new to NV and just purchased my first PVS14. I am mounting it on a HHV Bump helmet and Wilcox G24.  I tried the Norotos DDA - which was crap and wouldn’t lock into the G24.  I’ve considered a Wilcox J arm but see a lot about slop.

I’m wondering if anyone can provide feedback on the Mod Armory J arm. It is only about $50 less than the Wilcox - but somehow I have a hard time paying more for something reputed to have slop and also to have an on/off that seems to get “cut off” (as in surgically removed) regularly for not working.  I guess it is sort of weird on my part having gone all in on the mount, but regardless - sort of stumbling on the Wilcox with the reported issues and seeming lack of availability.

Thanks for any input!
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:31:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I find the DDA to be a great mount and due to the differance in dovetail dimension with both companies and no standard I wouldn't consider the DDA a piece of crap. As far as the ModArmory Jarm goes IMHO the 1/4 20 attaching stud is to short and the way the mount uses the on/off contacts of the PVS14's body to keep it from rotating is a poor design vs using the anti rotation detent. Although not a bad mount I think they could have designed it better.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got a mod armory J-ARM for one of my units; and am actually happy with it. All metal assembly, no discernible play in the mount or arm; locks up very tight in my Norotos AKA2. Don’t have a DDA yet (they seem hard to find second hand).

The comment about the mounting post being too short is dead on; easily fixed by pirating the screw from a bayonet style j arm and using it on the mod armory. I don’t see any issue with using the contacts as a locking point for the mount, and it does work to ensure there is zero slop in the unit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got a mod armory J-ARM for one of my units; and am actually happy with it. All metal assembly, no discernible play in the mount or arm; locks up very tight in my Norotos AKA2. Don’t have a DDA yet (they seem hard to find second hand).

The comment about the mounting post being too short is dead on; easily fixed by pirating the screw from a bayonet style j arm and using it on the mod armory. I don’t see any issue with using the contacts as a locking point for the mount, and it does work to ensure there is zero slop in the unit.
View Quote
sent you a PM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top