Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2020 1:31:31 PM EDT
I was notified today that there are only a few of these units left available in the country for the remainder of 2020, and when I inquired as to what the deal was, I was told that they are believed to be phasing out and no longer produced. Granted, this was coming from one of Trijicon's larger nationwide thermal dealers and not direct from Trijicon, but I am assuming given their status in the dealer network that what they say is true. Hopefully the SkeetIR-X gets replaced by something comparable in 2021 by Trijicon, otherwise there's going to be a big hole in the market for a very top end multifunctional super thermal!

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was notified today that there are only a few of these units left available in the country for the remainder of 2020, and when I inquired as to what the deal was, I was told that they are believed to be phasing out and no longer produced. Granted, this was coming from one of Trijicon's larger nationwide thermal dealers and not direct from Trijicon, but I am assuming given their status in the dealer network that what they say is true. Hopefully the SkeetIR-X gets replaced by something comparable in 2021 by Trijicon, otherwise there's going to be a big hole in the market for a very top end multifunctional super thermal!

View Quote

If only I had a kidney for sale.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Better schedule that surgery now!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking about a SkeetIR-X or a Pixels on Target VoodooS. The PoT doesn't have any reviews so kinda iffy about going that way.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If I whore myself out at 15 bucks a pop, how long would that take me?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Rumor has it that NVision is going to be releasing some competition to it in the Fall. Spoke with the NVision guy on Instagram and he didn’t give me any details other than that he would hold off on buying an IRay MH25 until Fall. Not sure if it’ll be budgeted more towards the Skeet or the MH25. Hopefully the latter.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Got one about a month ago.   Love it!!!  Does everything I want it to do.  Works great for me as a clip on!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I whore myself out at 15 bucks a pop, how long would that take me?
View Quote
Around a thousand pops brother but I agree if you charged 20 it would only be around 750ish
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Around a thousand pops brother but I agree if you charged 20 it would only be around 750ish
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
We did have that conversation about transferable's - this in the same ballpark. Sell some of that unused KAC stuff and join the thermal master race
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Rumor has it that NVision is going to be releasing some competition to it in the Fall. Spoke with the NVision guy on Instagram and he didn’t give me any details other than that he would hold off on buying an IRay MH25 until Fall. Not sure if it’ll be budgeted more towards the Skeet or the MH25. Hopefully the latter.
View Quote

There are going to be more infiniRay offerings too
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Technically, you do, if you’re brave enough
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Well? Should someone jump?  Those of you with the skeet-  would you buy again ?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes, absolutely.  for me its everything I want from a thermal.  looks even vetter thru the eyepeice, these are with the gain turned all the way down!

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I definitely would yes

I am seeing about a 2 inch horizontal POI shift at 100 yards with 7N6 but elevation appears to be good. It's been tricky to test very precisely due to the nature of thermal in the day and the Texas heat, so I may be able to eliminate the shift completely if I can get a super consistent POA through the Skeet. Fortunately this time around in testing the POI is easy to correct for using the windage marks on the Kashtan

It rocks as a hand scanner, is also super useful helmet mounted (If you don't try to make it a fusion system) and I am having more and more confidence in it as a clip on. It will slip in front of optics without taking up much rail space which is awesome
I've said this before that as time goes on I feel like the image is better than the REAP. It seems to hold up better in adverse conditions like high humidity or fog

POI is halfway between the tip of the chevron and the first right windage mark

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#16]
zen. mine had a slight poa shift about 2 inches, and i adjusted the screen, now its right on.  i also marked the eyepeice with a silver sharpy where it is set to eliminate the parallax... now i just slap it in front of my scope and its dead on everytime.  i only have 1 rifle set up with a 1x4 scope so I havent been able to test of it would need adjusted slightly for diffent scopes... but i am very happy i can use it with my 1x4 and not have to adjust the scope.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
zen. mine had a slight poa shift about 2 inches, and i adjusted the screen, now its right on.  i also marked the eyepeice with a silver sharpy where it is set to eliminate the parallax... now i just slap it in front of my scope and its dead on everytime.  i only have 1 rifle set up with a 1x4 scope so I havent been able to test of it would need adjusted slightly for diffent scopes... but i am very happy i can use it with my 1x4 and not have to adjust the scope.
View Quote

Out of curiosity, have you tried it in front of anything that goes above 4x?  If so, at what point did the image become too pixelated to use effectively?  IIRC, w/ my PAS-13G that was around 6x.  I don't need one of these, but I do absolutely want one.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity, have you tried it in front of anything that goes above 4x?  If so, at what point did the image become too pixelated to use effectively?  IIRC, w/ my PAS-13G that was around 6x.  I don't need one of these, but I do absolutely want one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just tried it with my Leopold 3x10.  It is kind of subjective but I think it was still usable at 6x... max was about 8x...this is assuming you already know your target and zooming in to get a more precise shot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm still testing it, actually I found you had the best tips in your thread, but it's still not quite on target

I think I have the parallax removed but it's still shifting to the right for the 1P78 optic. I did try it in front of a buddies TA44 and it seemed to hit exactly POA but at 1x with a bright reticule it was really really hard to confirm that

Next time out I need to try the tinfoil square trick. Some people say the tinfoil square pops out during the day, I assume because it's thin and therefore it will have a distinct temperature difference (kind of like tin roofs at night...they are typically the coldest objects you will see under thermal)
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Technically, you do, if you’re brave enough
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top