Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/13/2018 3:33:35 AM EDT
Thinking of getting a suppressor would want it to be used in both a Scorpion Evo and able to work in a Glock ?
What is a good choice to start looking into.
I think the Scorpion has backward threads or something ? Do I just need an adapter and any suppressor would work ? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:41:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Thinking of getting a suppressor would want it to be used in both a Scorpion Evo and able to work in a Glock ?
What is a good choice to start looking into.
I think the Scorpion has backward threads or something ? Do I just need an adapter and any suppressor would work ? Thanks
View Quote
You want to make sure the suppressor has adapters and/or pistons to match the threading on your guns. Most of the bigger names will work on most modern thread patterns

Scorpion threads depend on the generation
I believe the later ones have dual threads, 1/2x28 and 18mm metric
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I run a Griffin Optimus and have been very happy with it.  It's modular so I can run it on just about all my threaded guns.

Edit.  I have an early evo scorp and went the hk 3 lug route on it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 5:39:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I have only used an Octane 9HD on those guns, but it certainly works. Modular, and adapters for just about everything with threads or 3 lug.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Tirant
Obsidian
Omega 9k
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#6]
In order of what's most important to you:

Size
Weight
Durability
dB reduction

There's going to be a balance between those features, always trade offs.  Shorter/smaller cans are generally louder, lighter cans are typically weaker.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an Osprey 9 and Obsidian 45.

Looking for reasons to buy an Obsidian 9 because I fucking love the 45. Osprey is good enough on my handguns, but the Obsidian is a different level IMO.

Obsidian in short config on K barrel SBR Scorpion
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put a 3 lug adapter on the Scorpion. I think you'll find yourself not using the silencer on a handgun nearly as much as on the Scorpion.
View Quote
And I would agree with all of his as well
My scorpion is 3 lugged
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the Octane 45 that goes between my Glocks and my Scorpion.  Works well on all of them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I have an EVO SBR and G19. I use an obsidian 9 for both. EVO has a 3 lug mount and I use the included 1/2x28 piston on the Glock.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Agree with the above.  You’ll really want a 3 lug for a PPC to avoid the hassle of different threadings (i.e. 1/2x28 or 1/2x36 for 9mm PPCs), plus having to remember to swap between the piston spring and the fixed barrel spacer.  Get something like the Obsidian that has both piston and 3 lug adapters, and simply swap out the adapters when swapping between guns.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I believe the Kraken is still on sale $369 at gunprodeals.com

CGS are supposed to have a 3 lug setup for it.  With the price, weight and the db’s it’s a good deal.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Dead Air Wolf 9SD on a 3 lug and couldn’t be happier with my Scorpion with this setup. Not cheap though. The Kraken is an option too but they still don’t have their 3 lug out. That being said the Kraken is great on PDW’s and pistols. The Wolf is really only a sub gun can.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have only used an Octane 9HD on those guns, but it certainly works. Modular, and adapters for just about everything with threads or 3 lug.
View Quote
This is what I run on my Scorpion and G19.

ETA:  Works great.  Subs sound awesome in the Evo1.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a Dead Air Wolf 9SD on a 3 lug and couldn’t be happier with my Scorpion with this setup. Not cheap though. The Kraken is an option too but they still don’t have their 3 lug out. That being said the Kraken is great on PDW’s and pistols. The Wolf is really only a sub gun can.
View Quote
The 3 lug for the Kraken will be out and in production well before someones stamp comes back that orders now.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I believe the Kraken is still on sale $369 at gunprodeals.com

CGS are supposed to have a 3 lug setup for it.  With the price, weight and the db's it's a good deal.
View Quote
I put one of these on order.  Seems like a great deal for a full size 9mm can.

Given the Scorpion use - my first thought was an Omega 9k.  It will hold up even if you put a Franklin Binary trigger in it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I put one of these on order.  Seems like a great deal for a full size 9mm can.

Given the Scorpion use - my first thought was an Omega 9k.  It will hold up even if you put a Franklin Binary trigger in it.
View Quote
Can't wait to get my hands on mine.  Gonna be a long 6-8 months.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Put a 3 lug adapter on the Scorpion. I think you'll find yourself not using the silencer on a handgun nearly as much as on the Scorpion.
View Quote
I have no doubt it will be used 95% of the time on the Scorpion, that is the plan but I want it to be able to be used on both.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In order of what's most important to you:

Size
Weight
Durability
dB reduction

There's going to be a balance between those features, always trade offs.  Shorter/smaller cans are generally louder, lighter cans are typically weaker.  
View Quote
I want it quiet. Dead quiet. Which I know it possible with 9mm and not so much with 5.56.

Durability is important, I guess I could live with it heavier.

Prefer not excessively long, but maybe I don't have a choice.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You want to make sure the suppressor has adapters and/or pistons to match the threading on your guns. Most of the bigger names will work on most modern thread patterns

Scorpion threads depend on the generation
I believe the later ones have dual threads, 1/2x28 and 18mm metric
View Quote
I believe my Scorpion is a gen 1.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a Gemtech Multimount with the threaded and 3 lug adapter.  The suppressor lives between the MP5 and the Scorpion, which have the 3 lug barrels,  and doesn’t get used on the pistols like I had planned.

You’ll love a suppressed Scorpion!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I want it quiet. Dead quiet. Which I know it possible with 9mm and not so much with 5.56.

Durability is important, I guess I could live with it heavier.

Prefer not excessively long, but maybe I don't have a choice.
View Quote
Length and sound reduction tend to go together. The CGS Kraken is lightweight and has good sound reduction. It's also over 50% off right now. It's quite a bit longer than an Omega 9k.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And I would agree with all of his as well
My scorpion is 3 lugged
View Quote
How does that work ? Just screw the adapter onto the gun, then suppressor attached to adapter ? Does such a suppressor still work for a threaded barrel on a handgun ?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a Gemtech Multimount with the threaded and 3 lug adapter.  The suppressor lives between the MP5 and the Scorpion, which have the 3 lug barrels,  and doesn’t get used on the pistols like I had planned.

You’ll love a suppressed Scorpion!
View Quote
I don't really plan on using it on standard pistols much but I'd like the option to be possible.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The 3 lug for the Kraken will be out and in production well before someones stamp comes back that orders now.
View Quote
I have no reason to disbelieve you and I'm sure they will probably be, but...

Personally I want accessories like a 3 lug in hand (or at least available) at the time of the suppressor purchase
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How does that work ? Just screw the adapter onto the gun, then suppressor attached to adapter ? Does such a suppressor still work for a threaded barrel on a handgun ?
View Quote
I chopped my scorpion to 5.20” and use a HBI K foreend

Yes, screwed a 3 lug adaptor onto the barrel and there’s a female 3 lug module for the suppressor
That female adaptor interchanges with a module suitable for pistols
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Omega9K

Honestly, I purchased it with the thought that it would be used exclusively on my CZ Scorpion.  After it cleared NFA jail I have shot it quite a bit on my G17.  For the size and weight it's pretty impressive on a pistol.  I was so impressed I purchased a second to run on my handguns.  I have shot this setup next to my friends Obsidian 45 on an HK p30 host.  His is quiet, more so than my setup.  But not enough for me to regret my purchase, not even a little bit.  I would still have purchased 2 Omega9K suppressors.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Omega9K

Honestly, I purchased it with the thought that it would be used exclusively on my CZ Scorpion.  After it cleared NFA jail I have shot it quite a bit on my G17.  For the size and weight it's pretty impressive on a pistol.  I was so impressed I purchased a second to run on my handguns.  I have shot this setup next to my friends Obsidian 45 on an HK p30 host.  His is quiet, more so than my setup.  But not enough for me to regret my purchase, not even a little bit.  I would still have purchased 2 Omega9K suppressors.
View Quote
I will echo what this individual said.  I purchased my Omega 9K as a dedicated can for my MKE Z5P.  Well, I wish I had purchased two because it also works great on pistols.  Oh well.  Anyway, get an Omega 9K, or two.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#29]
After watching some videos on youtube the omega seems too loud. I want quiet, that is the point of a can. I don't want to hear a crack with subsonic ammo.

Some videos I saw of the kraken looked satisfactory.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Personally I want accessories like a 3 lug in hand (or at least available) at the time of the suppressor purchase
View Quote
So....if I bought the kraken, and somehow they don't have the 3 lug adapter out when I get the suppressor down the road how would it be mounted on a scorpion ? Some kind of thread adapter?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So....if I bought the kraken, and somehow they don't have the 3 lug adapter out when I get the suppressor down the road how would it be mounted on a scorpion ? Some kind of thread adapter?
View Quote
1/2x28 adaptor
And when you call “The quietest 9mm pistol can” “satisfactory” you need to temper your expectations
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

1/2x28 adaptor
And when you call “The quietest 9mm pistol can” “satisfactory” you need to temper your expectations
View Quote
I am not aware if its the quietest or not, I don't know that much about cans.

That was the point of the thread.

I just know I didn't like the video of a guy shooting the omega while I could still hear the crack.

There is other cans I'd be happy with, I've seen people shoot them years ago because the kraken ever came out and I didn't hear any crack.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#33]
i went with the rugged obsidian 9, only have a glock 19 for it right now but am trying to find a scorpion or mpx or similar for it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:29:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I am not aware if its the quietest or not, I don't know that much about cans.

That was the point of the thread.

I just know I didn't like the video of a guy shooting the omega while I could still hear the crack.

There is other cans I'd be happy with, I've seen people shoot them years ago because the kraken ever came out and I didn't hear any crack.
View Quote
If you are hearing a crack then the rounds are supersonic.   It happens sometimes with supposedly subsonic ammo.

9mm that is actually subsonic out of any modern 9mm can that isn't specifically a micro can is going to all sound somewhat like a paintball gun to an observer.   It'll likely seem louder to the shooter due to proximity to the ejection port.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#35]
No matter what can you go with the only 3 lug adapter for the factory barrel is the HK parts Scorpion adapter.

https://www.hkparts.net/www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/3-Lug-Adapter-For-CZ-Scorpion-Evo-p17616.htm
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No matter what can you go with the only 3 lug adapter for the factory barrel is the HK parts Scorpion adapter.

https://www.hkparts.net/www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/3-Lug-Adapter-For-CZ-Scorpion-Evo-p17616.htm
View Quote
That’s only if it’s a gen 1. Gen 2 evo’s have both 18x 1 and 1/2x28 threads.

I use an in lead we trust true lug adapter on the 1/2x28 threads which work well.

As for the OP question on the kraken 3 lug mount, they said it’ll be out soon. I would think it be out before you get an approved form 4 which right now are taking 7 months on avg. if for some reason they didn’t make it, you could always use a spacer to make the piston a fixed mount. They’re easy to make if they don’t currently have them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
No sir
Manticore makes one, I used one for a while

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If there was a like button, this post would get it.

I’ve read several accounts of people with a product and the “soon to be released” attachment device never materializes.  It is the reason I bought one of every $25 Wolverine adapter that SWFA had to sell.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
**Edit**
I just realized that I wrote that to say that it is the only one made. I meant it more like, “3 lug is the only option for attaching a can to a sub gun!” Sorry about that one. The HK parts 3 lug is still my pick though.
**Edit**

I disagree. I prefer the HK parts 3 lug as it is specific to the Scorpion, works with gen 1 or 2, and uses the factory muzzle device retaining spring. Therefore, I am never worried about it coming loose. I have fire over 1,000 rounds of FA out of my scorpion with my DA Ghost an no issues loosening. Just my preference and I know it works well.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Just an FYI, the manticore version will only work on gen 1 18x1 threads where as the HK Parts versions works with either gen. Apparently the manticore version doesn’t leave room for the 1/2x28 threads on gen 2. I emailed them about this before when I was trying to decide which 3 lug adapter to go with.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Just an FYI, the manticore version will only work on gen 1 18x1 threads where as the HK Parts versions works with either gen. Apparently the manticore version doesn’t leave room for the 1/2x28 threads on gen 2. I emailed them about this before when I was trying to decide which 3 lug adapter to go with.
View Quote
Good info to pass along to people
The correct answer is to chop it to K length
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Good info to pass along to people
The correct answer is to chop it to K length
View Quote
Either chop it, or get the In Lead We Trust integrated 3-lug barrel.  I’ve been pleased with mine and the cost of a chop + thread + 3-lug adapter would not have saved much in my area.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Either chop it, or get the In Lead We Trust integrated 3-lug barrel.  I've been pleased with mine and the cost of a chop + thread + 3-lug adapter would not have saved much in my area.
View Quote
I don't like the added length of a 3 lug adapter.  Going with a 3-lug barrel should save some length.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think you'll find yourself not using the silencer on a handgun nearly as much as on the Scorpion.
View Quote
Truth

I have a G19 and an an S3

I haven't even mounted to the suppressor to the G19 but it's out on the Scorpion every range trip

Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Truth

I have a G19 and an an S3

I haven't even mounted to the suppressor to the G19 but it's out on the Scorpion every range trip

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73202/RakursPM_Scorpion_Illusion9-Nictra_Right-672603.jpg
View Quote
Always a good time

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#46]
I have really enjoyed my Gemtech Multimount on my K version Scorpion via a 3 lug and my SW M&P via 1/2-28 LID adapter.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
After watching some videos on youtube the omega seems too loud. I want quiet, that is the point of a can. I don't want to hear a crack with subsonic ammo.

Some videos I saw of the kraken looked satisfactory.
View Quote
None of my guns "crack" with subsonic ammo and Omega9K.  Don't know what YouTube videos you're watching.

Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#48]
The omega 9k definitely has a "crack" on my MPX compared to a TiRant, but I prefer shorter.
There's no replacement for displacement.

I use the TiRant on a Sig 226. It's very quiet.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#49]
The Obsidian 9 is going to give you the best of both worlds so you can have the dB reduction you're looking for and the ability to go lighter and shorter when you'd like. The current promotion also includes a 3 lug mount and pretty much any other accessory you'd need. https://ruggedsuppressors.com/obsidian-promotion-2018/
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#50]
For most quiet avoid short cans.

Just get a Octane 45, Obsidian 45, Dead Air or Kraken. Then shoot subs.

The Obsidian has a promo on it, so get that one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top