Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2018 9:08:23 PM EDT
I’ve read here and there that there was a recall for the sig MCX?

I’m in the market for an AR pistol.... now deciding between the Legacy vs Virtus. I can get a Virtus for around $1700 or so... and the Legacy I’m not sure. Maybe a used one? If I was to get a used one what should I look out for?

Any issues? Recall? Fixed?

Looking at the 11.5” pistol version

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The most noticeable difference is that the legacy is significantly lighter and less nose heavy.

If weight isn't a problem for you, then the improvements in the Virtus may be worthwhile for you.

I chose the 11.5 legacy because it was lighter and handier.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I also noticed the hybrid.  Pros and cons to this model compared to the Legacy?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I just recently bought a MCX Legacy for a really good deal ($1200) so it was hard to pass up. The Virtus is nice and all but was hard to justify the $600+ price increase for basically a hand guard that isn't swappable and a grey color. The Original MCX has a recoil spring issue and a heavy trigger, but sig fixed those. I also decided on the MCX legacy because I wanted to build a clone to what London's counter terrorism units use.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also noticed the hybrid.  Pros and cons to this model compared to the Legacy?
View Quote
As far as I know the Hybrid uses the MCX upper with a M400 AR lower. The pro would be they are generally slightly cheaper. The con would be, you wouldn't have the Ambi MCX lower, the flared mag well and all of that stuff. It would just be a basic M400 lower. I don't think its worth it, you can find MCX legacy's for pretty much the same price.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just recently bought a MCX Legacy for a really good deal ($1200) so it was hard to pass up. The Virtus is nice and all but was hard to justify the $600+ price increase for basically a hand guard that isn't swappable and a grey color. The Original MCX has a recoil spring issue and a heavy trigger, but sig fixed those. I also decided on the MCX legacy because I wanted to build a clone to what London's counter terrorism units use.
http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/IMG_7618.jpg
View Quote
Handguards on Virtus are swappable, just like Legacy.  However, the handguards between the two generations are not compatible (top receiver rails are different lengths).
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I pulled the trigger on a MCX Hybrid pistol 11.5” 5.56. Brand new from another member on FB. Good deal I couldn’t pass it up. I’ll post up update when I get it next week.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Handguards on Virtus are swappable, just like Legacy.  However, the handguards between the two generations are not compatible (top receiver rails are different lengths).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/IMG_7618.jpg
Why did they make the receiver rail longer?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top