Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2018 11:07:12 AM EDT
Howdy everyone, I'm interested in building a 45 can on a form 1. Where should I start reading? Where should I look for parts? I'd like it to be hearing safe wet/dry (if possible dry), is this achievable while keeping weight and length down? This will mainly go on an FNX 45 Tactical, but may find its way to some other pistols. I have a Trijicon RMR on the pistol, will I need to worry about the gas getting on the glass?

Thank you for your time,
DackJaniels
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Join the Form 1 Boards to start, lots of info and builds there.

http://form1suppressor.boards.net/

I believe there is a spin off board from the Form 1 boards offering similar info (Rusty below may be involved, I have not kept up lately).

Diversified Machine makes great tubes and associated parts.

Zmachineworx (a member here) is also a great source.

You might reach out to this member;

@Rustyand
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Good tip, thanks! I just joined and it seems like a good gathering of a lot of information that is otherwise spread out all over the place on multiple forums.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
[email protected] has a booster assembly if Diversified Machine doesn't or if you don't want to use DM's adapter for Liberty/Gemtech boosters/Pistons. The BWA booster  is supposedly compatible with Silencerco pistons and mounts which also has some cross compatibility with Griffin and Rugged. I'd recommend you get everything from one place (either DM or BWA) as Form 1 thread tolerances and compatability across suppliers could be an issue.  They both do great work but with DM you sort of have to know what you want as he's really busy and not all of his parts are on the website.

To be hearing safe dry it's going to be at least 1.375" X 7" long and with all Ti parts it will be heavier than a commercial option, but likely robust enough to handle supersonic 300BO from an SBR. If weight is an issue a 2024 al tube and 7075 al front cap and k baffles will offset the weight of an all stainless booster assembly. K baffles usually have less blowback than clipped cones. Reloads with a fast powder like Titegroup also keep blowback to a minimum.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good tip, thanks! I just joined and it seems like a good gathering of a lot of information that is otherwise spread out all over the place on multiple forums.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of helpful people there.

Silencertalk is also a resource

as well as http://sdtacticalarms.boards.net/ (with an emphasis on SD Tact builds).
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[email protected] has a booster assembly if Diversified Machine doesn't or if you don't want to use DM's adapter for Liberty/Gemtech boosters/Pistons. The BWA booster  is supposedly compatible with Silencerco pistons and mounts which also has some cross compatibility with Griffin and Rugged. I'd recommend you get everything from one place (either DM or BWA) as Form 1 thread tolerances and compatability across suppliers could be an issue.  They both do great work but with DM you sort of have to know what you want as he's really busy and not all of his parts are on the website.

To be hearing safe dry it's going to be at least 1.375" X 7" long and with all Ti parts it will be heavier than a commercial option, but likely robust enough to handle supersonic 300BO from an SBR. If weight is an issue a 2024 al tube and 7075 al front cap and k baffles will offset the weight of an all stainless booster assembly. K baffles usually have less blowback than clipped cones. Reloads with a fast powder like Titegroup also keep blowback to a minimum.
View Quote
I agree with the 1.375 but 8" long. 1 ss, 1 ti, 6 7075 8$(, cones in lieu of k baffles. There is less blow back with the dhc and progressive bore and less poi shift in most cases vs k baffles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top