Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2020 9:02:28 PM EDT
So I've got the hots for a thermal sight of some sort.  Lots to choose from a specs to familiarize with.
Not sure of budget just yet, maybe $2-3K
Do units exist that clip on the front of an optic like a 1-6X Primary Arms ACSS or similar?
This is one route that seemed like an option, vs a dedicated unit that would require taking off the day optic with a mount that returns to *near* zero.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
For the price range you're in you're better off with a dedicated scope.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Theres a clipon near your budget. Bering optics hogster-C i believe.

I have never used that but ive used a flir t50.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Good thermal clip ons are outrageously expensive. A $3000 dedicated scope can be very decent. Check Pulsar scopes in your range.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI. Get a dedicated thermal scope.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, that Bering unit looks very interesting and just what I was looking for.  Been watching a few reviews.  Seems like just the ticket.
thanks all
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok, that Bering unit looks very interesting and just what I was looking for.  Been watching a few reviews.  Seems like just the ticket.
thanks all
View Quote
The Bering Optics Hogster-C available at Night Goggles is a nice clip on. You buy an adapter for each scope you wish to use it on. It can save up to 4 different gun profiles. However, you are adding weight and bulk to your weapon. The Bering Optics Hogster-R is the weapon's version. It is a $1K to 1.3K less expensive option depending on if you want the 25mm or 35mm option. The -R versions come with a QD mount, so they can easily be moved from gun to gun, and also store 4 rifle profiles. If you want to use a glass scope, and quickly move to a thermal without having 2 scopes with QD mounts, a clip-on makes sense.

Both the weapon's sight and the clip-on can be used as a scanner. However, the clip-on's base mag is 3x, and the 25mm is 1.4x and the 35mm is 2x. It really comes down to field of view and base magnification desired for the scanner portion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top