Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2021 3:46:14 PM EDT
Having a pvs14 for a number of years now, what to buy at the time was simple. Now, thermal is a different story. I don’t know what I don’t know. Here I have 2 that interest me and I know the hogster series have a following.  So far I am between these 2. Would welcome opinions or alternative suggestions. Trying to stay $4k or less.

AGM Python TS50

Attachment Attached File

and this..

Super hog master

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
In full disclosure, I have used a Python 35 and not the 50, so my information may not be as relevant. However, at the time I was testing the Python 35, I also had a Hogster 35, so this was a pretty good apples-apples comparison. I preferred every aspect of the Hogster better. In my opinion, the image was better on the Hogster, the warranty was better (4 years vs 3), I really didn't like the joystick of the Python, and the overall build quality seemed better on the Hogster. On top of all of this, the Hogster was less expensive as well.

Now on to the Python 50 vs the Super Hogster. With the Super Hogster, you have a built in wifi and video recording vs adding an optional wifi module with the Python. All of the same things could be said of the Super Hogster vs the 50 as I already stated earlier with the exception of image as I haven't used the 50 so cannot say. The Super Hogster is the only 12 µm 384 scope that I know of currently sold in the US, so a very unique combination of features and functionality. It is Night Goggle's best selling scope for 2020/2021. We have tried to purchase enough to have inventory on hand, but the demand keeps growing faster than we can order. Send me a message if interested and I can get you an ARFcom discount code which also provides free shipping.

I started using the Super Hogster in Sep-November for daytime usage because our night season hadn't open yet. Once December rolled around, it was nice to use the Super Hogster as intended for nighttime hunting. 216 coyotes have met their demise in this short time to the Super Hogster. I have lots of videos for you to see at Night Goggles You Tube Channel with a lot more to come that I haven't gotten around to editing yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top